·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Clean, simple and elegant. Very nice.

Reactions: BTJ

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Here is my just purchased 1996 1500 Classic. I was told by the seller it is all stock, except for the windshield, however thanks to everyone here I find it has a bunch of tasteful mods. It's got a whopping 90k kms on it and seems to run really well. I'm super happy with my purchase.

View attachment 254139
I has nice lines. Liking the rivets on the seat and saddle bags as well as the paint combo. Good work

·
Registered
33 Posts
heres my 97

here's my 97 classic View attachment 265
Hello vn1500daz - Not sure you still own your rise - I realize this post is not new still - Question for you. I just purchased an 03 Nomad (18 years old with 55Kms on it) - great shape but I need pull back risers for it. I see stuff for sale very cheap that originate from China but I would rather not risk my life on that. I see Baron has some for 05 plus NOMADs but these may not fit the 03. LA Chopper have some but are 5.5 high (may need to change cables). Just not sure what is quality, available that will fit the 03 Nomad and not hit the speedometer casing on the gaz tank. Let me know if you have any recommendations. I noticed you have very nice risers - original to me - could you share info on those and it they night fit a Nomad? CHEERS! A.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Hello vn1500daz - Not sure you still own your rise - I realize this post is not new still - Question for you. I just purchased an 03 Nomad (18 years old with 55Kms on it) - great shape but I need pull back risers for it. I see stuff for sale very cheap that originate from China but I would rather not risk my life on that. I see Baron has some for 05 plus NOMADs but these may not fit the 03. LA Chopper have some but are 5.5 high (may need to change cables). Just not sure what is quality, available that will fit the 03 Nomad and not hit the speedometer casing on the gaz tank. Let me know if you have any recommendations. I noticed you have very nice risers - original to me - could you share info on those and it they night fit a Nomad? CHEERS! A.
What advantages are there for the pull back risers (besides looking pretty cool), handling? riding position?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What advantages are there for the pull back risers (besides looking pretty cool), handling? riding position?
Riding position. They bring the bars closer to you (ie "pull back") in addition to adding some height (rise) to reduce the amount you have to lean forward when riding.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Riding position. They bring the bars closer to you (ie "pull back") in addition to adding some height (rise) to reduce the amount you have to lean forward when riding.
At 6'4 #210 the riding position is so perfect that in spite of how good it would look to have nice risers and/or apes, Im kind of afraid to tamper with it. You know its a great riding position when your first ride on it was cross country and the position never crossed my mind.

·
Registered
2008 1500 Classic FI
26 Posts
Bags are on and painted.
Turned out ok I think. To recap… 2008 1500 Classic in the Cardinal Red and White. Bags and pipes from 1999 1500 Nomad.
A fun retrofit project to learn on. It’s not perfect but it’s turned out like I envisioned it. Also a pic of where I started for comparison.

Tire Wheel Drum Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Idiophone Toy Automotive tire Fender

Wood Chair Sandal Flooring High heels

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Fuel tank Membranophone

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice work you did on your bike. Awesome colors
Almost finished with the Jeep conversion. Added on a SM465 tranny and NP205 transfer case, drivelines and a lot more. This is a 1984 CJ7 original paint ZERO rust project
Then the bike gets done next. But won't see paint after I'm done till the snow flies again here in Colorado. Need the ride time in

Attachments

801 - 820 of 822 Posts