Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
741 - 760 of 785 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
View attachment 243534
03 Nomad. I have a huge list of accessories still waiting to be put on. Can’t find a chrome water pump and need help! View attachment 243536 I also have a USA trailer store fairing with the glove box with 2.5 polo audio speakers. I can’t wait to find it so I can start putting on my collection! Also, NEED HELP WITH 21” FRONT WHEEL CONVERSION!!
Is this air filter cover/filter available anywhere?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't believe that is stock for that vulcan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DragonLady, read your returning post. Very cool background!!!
Show us some pics of what you have there for your filter cover.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Here is a little bit bigger pic of my Screamin' Skul....Air crossover has been removed, there are a couple of hidden switches behind the skull....

The 'Other Side'....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alwhite, what is that color? I really like that paint. #697

·
Registered
30 Posts
DragonLady, did you make that Screaming Skull into a cover?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks DragonLady. I have a Barons intake coming so I want to find a cover . You have done some very cool things with your bike.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I used the bracket the goes between the cylinders that held the backing plate in the left side dog bowl to mount it....
The cover hides my rear air ride suspension switch and a cutout switch that controls some of my LED lights.
Engine wise, My 1500 Engine has a Thunder 1600 bigbore kit, heads/ intake/ throttle body have been cnc ported, intake has been opened up to flow more, have HiFlow injectors, Webcams #453, modded rockers, 10.5 cr Manley pistons, lightened and rebalanced recipicating assemble, dynatec coils, accel wires, Thunder 6 spring clutch....
Dyno-ed at Sturgis right after rebuild, 108 Horses/ 118 ft./pds. of torque.
Low 12s/ hi 11's @ 107 mph 1/4 mile times with street tires, premium gas and fairing still on....with a friend driving whose a drag bike pilot.
Traction is a problem coming off the line, it wheelies going into 2nd gear, and the fairing lifts front of the bike at the end.
The pilot it said it'd probable run low 11's if we took the fairing off ....he did 4 passes, 13.0, 12.5, 12.05, and a 11.90, developing a feel for the clutch.
Its really sporty trying to ride it when the streets are damp....gotta be real light on the throttle....

Reactions: Peter M. D

·
Registered
558 Posts
The No-Glide! .............A True Vaquero Prototype.......!

Reactions: alwhite00

·
Registered
145 Posts
I used the bracket the goes between the cylinders that held the backing plate in the left side dog bowl to mount it....
The cover hides my rear air ride suspension switch and a cutout switch that controls some of my LED lights.
Engine wise, My 1500 Engine has a Thunder 1600 bigbore kit, heads/ intake/ throttle body have been cnc ported, intake has been opened up to flow more, have HiFlow injectors, Webcams #453, modded rockers, 10.5 cr Manley pistons, lightened and rebalanced recipicating assemble, dynatec coils, accel wires, Thunder 6 spring clutch....
Dyno-ed at Sturgis right after rebuild, 108 Horses/ 118 ft./pds. of torque.
Low 12s/ hi 11's @ 107 mph 1/4 mile times with street tires, premium gas and fairing still on....with a friend driving whose a drag bike pilot.
Traction is a problem coming off the line, it wheelies going into 2nd gear, and the fairing lifts front of the bike at the end.
The pilot it said it'd probable run low 11's if we took the fairing off ....he did 4 passes, 13.0, 12.5, 12.05, and a 11.90, developing a feel for the clutch.
Its really sporty trying to ride it when the streets are damp....gotta be real light on the throttle....
Sounds like a bike for the Bagger Races. It would be fun to see a Kawi out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quartersawn, nice find. How many miles on it?

741 - 760 of 785 Posts