Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks

But I can't take any credit...I bought it that way. I put over 1000 miles on it in the month that I've had it. Can't wait for Spring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my bike used and the previous owner had already changed the gear through the local Kawasaki dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
that's good. I just got my new gear in from Judge at VROC and having it put on tomorrow. Did KW charge you anything or find anything else wrong with the bike? I've heard so many stories that I decided to pay for it myself. My bike only has 14k on it and I couldn't see any reason to split the motor when there was another way. Cost alittle but I know it's done right by a good mechanic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The previous owner had it already done when I bought it. So I don't know if it was free or cost anything. When I bought it, it had 46,000 miles on it. I now have 59,500 and it's still runs like a champ. I think the next thing I will do is install a Mean Streak clutch spring and judge's washers in it. I've noticed a little slipping lately. I'm also saving up for a Memphis Fat's 19" windshield, Progressive suspension, 2-tone paint and white wall tires. I hope to have it completed and done before next fall.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was having a little grind in first to second even after changing to synth oil. I got a new spring and gasket along with judges gear. I still need a back tire and I hope that'll be all the repairs for awhile. I'd like to get the black paint stickers so rocky wouild be blk/red but don't know yet. My friend says trade it in, but I've got so much money into it so far 1400 plus the 4500 I paid for it. What do you think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought mine for $3300 and have put in around $750. I wouldn't trade in in on anything I love this bike. It has the look I was looking for and it runs like a top. Even when the engine goes I will rebuild it with Thunder Mfg. big bore kit and run it for another 60,000 miles(I'm going to live for a long time just to do that). So I say if your happy with it then just keep adding to it. To bad you live in Texas it would be great to ride with a fellow PGR.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well MJ, don't you stop looking in those mirrors. My old younger day's nick name was Wild Bill and i have been known to do things well are a little wild and crazy.
I have been also known to get on my scooter and yell "field trip" and be gone for a week or more, like maybe taking a trip to see my fellow PGR in CA so you keep an eye on those mirrors, it can happen .

Bill:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts

Recently bought this and wanted to show it off a bit, the other bike in the pic is my For sale 1982 Yamaha Virago vx920j. Vulcan outshines my every expectation in motorcycling

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is my 07 1500. Great ride and sooo much fun!

Loaded up and on the road. Took the tank decals off. Much cleaner looking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's my '08 Classic 1500, just brought her home!
(I'm not sure I understand how to post pictures on this forum yet so forgive me if you can't see this picture.)
J- can you tell me anything about those saddle bags and supports I have an "06 1500 classic fi that I would like to install them on, they look awesome on your bike.

nek

41 - 60 of 723 Posts