Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day!
Wondering if anyone can help me, please...
I'm looking for a set of 'dog bowl' decals for my 1999 VN1500 Classic - you know the ones... 'VN1500' and 'Kawasaki'.
I've seen some on eBay and other US-based websites but the postage to send them here from the US is unbelievable. As an example, someone wanted something like $10 for a decal and $98 for postage to Australia! Seriously!!?? I just can't believe something like an envelope with a couple of stickers in it would cost $100, can you??

So if you're able to help out, it'd be very much appreciated!
Thank you[/COLOR]

·
Registered
457 Posts
if we find the stickers I will be glad to help out and have them sent to you. Let me do some numbers checking. I agree the prices you have been quoted are outrageous.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I checked the postage and from what I can tell a first class envelope would run about 2.00 us to send to you. Now the stickers are a different story. The "1500" sticker is not available from the parts places. The "Kawasaki" is for 14.00 u.s. . Like I said if you locate them, you can have the stickers sent to me and I will be glad to forward them to your address. Just send me a PM once you find them.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look great Steve! If I have no luck in my searches, I might just do as you suggested.
Thanks!
Jono

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Jono you will find it cheaper to get them made & you can have your own design to wot you wont instead of the run of the mill :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Those look amazing, Steve! I would ask where I can get a set, but I have a different idea in mind for my 88. I want to do it in a classic WWII fighter style; Traditional pin-up girl on the tank sides, craft up a V-88 decal (as a play on the fighter designations like P-51 and such), USAF stars on the side covers then top it off with a nice paintjob with some airbrushed rivets in aluminum panels :smile2:

·
Registered
659 Posts
DSCF5759.jpg

DSCF5758.jpg

droped a bollock when i put the on :( need to re do this back end :( but if you find a sign man thro your idea at him & see wot you can work out between you :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Still looks great! The right side looks a lot brighter, not sure if that was by mistake or not lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
DSCF5803.jpg

If you look close you can see were it went wrong :( LOL but with 15 coats of clear on the tank I can flat back & re do the slightly bigger & re clear all the tank :) that's the plan anyway LOL

Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ye seen that before looks nice :) i just like shinnnnnnny bikes :) that 1 dunt need to be shinnnny ether mat or satin clear to protect the paint :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
View attachment 223598

If you look close you can see were it went wrong :( LOL but with 15 coats of clear on the tank I can flat back & re do the slightly bigger & re clear all the tank :) that's the plan anyway LOL

Steve
Those could pretty well look like a factory item! Love the Eighty Eight on top

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hahaha ye looks ok but not perfect :( the problem is that i dint get the decal on hard enough :( & the clear lifted in in places :( but A/O you live & learn LOL

Steve

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vulcan 1500 Dog Bowl decals

Hi Jono you will find it cheaper to get them made & you can have your own design to wot you wont instead of the run of the mill :)

Steve
Hi Steve,

Just wanted to thank you for your suggestion of getting the decals made and personalising them - I had the dog bowl decals made in a colour that matches the bike. Looks heaps better!

Cheers,
Jono

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts