Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my wife said she wanted to have her own bike project. Only a few requirements when we went shopping for a bike: V-twin, bigger than 800cc (her current bike) and spoke wheels. Oh and it had to be cheap, we didnt want to spend thousands. So we ran into a vn15se that was in real sorry state. Left outside for the winters, poor maintenance and didnt run at all.
But it was cheap! :)
We are now a few months into the project and are only able to work on it in the weekends (if we are lucky). I'll post the pics of the project so far. Current state of the project: bike is in one piece again, but won't start :confused: So thats the next item on the list: make her purr:D

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
Wow !! Very nice.
Y'all have done a lot of work to her.

A few years back a friend had a first year 1987 vn1500se.
He still kicks himself in the arse for letting her go.
They are very nice and fast bikes. Unlike the Classic they are narrow and 4 speed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks !:)

Im having problems with the carbs now, it floods and gas is pouring out of the front exhaust port :mad:
I took the carbs partly apart, cleaned the float bowls and corrected a float valve that was stuck. After putting it back together I tested it, holding the cabs upright, I could blow air into the bowls, putting it upside down, it closed up nicely. Im racking my brain if I could have overlooked something or if that fuel flood is due to something else...

Cant wait till next weekend and get started again, but I could use some tips from you guys...I may have overlooked something. Also, this is the first vn15 Im working on, maybe there are special tricks :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carb problems solved, 1st testride is done. Without fuel tank, because it needs to be painted and the paintguy has told me to leave the tank empty.

Wife had a go at it too and is very happy, it suits her. It amazes me how small this bike is...

It sounds VERY civilised, because we dont want any jetting issues....yet

here's a short vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4k0Ycc1UmA

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll post a picture of the finished creation over here:

Actually, it's not finished, it never is

1 - 20 of 31 Posts