Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Color Rite paint touch ups? I find it expensive. Has anyone tried alternatives...Car shop matching?

Thanks

Denis

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I can never find the right touch up for my car ... colorite, while expensive, may be your best bet.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Has anyone used Color Rite paint touch ups? I find it expensive. Has anyone tried alternatives...Car shop matching?

Thanks

Denis
I have used their rattle can's on my Honda. For the orange color, it is a two step process with a silver base applied first. How many coats of orange you apply determined how exact a match I got. In the below pic, you can see I painted the headlight bezel, flame accent on grill and neck covers. It has held up well for years now.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Thanks

Denis
Color Rite is expensive but, aside from the shipping cost is usually still cheaper than an automotive paint store or body shop. A lot depends on how much you need. If you're just trying to brush touch a chip or scratch a body shop might sell you a few ounces. If you need more - for painting whole parts and stuff - you're going to run in to some serious costs.

Don't know if that was any help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the orange that came out in 09 and had a small rock ding on one of the side covers. Kawasaki dealer was no help but I noticed that Honda painted a Goldwing back a couple of years and the orange is almost a match. You can't see where I touched up the ding so it worked well for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Thanks

Denis
Nail Polish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts