Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats - great buy!

I'm still riding around with my V-star brackets attached to the Vulcan, trying to get my brother to bend something into an upright. HD softail mini upright worked on the V-star with those brackets (all bought used from eBay as well), but is not wide enough to work on the Vulcan and there doesn't seem to be a premade upright that's 11 3/8 wide made of square bar, darnit. So home-made it is.

Any other mods since then?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought that same sissy bar from that same seller. I am ultimately satisfied with my purchase, but when I bid on the item "somebody" mysteriously outbid me by a buck 30 seconds before the end of the auction. I emailed the seller and asked if we could skip the b.s. and name a price. 15 minutes after the seller said all bids are legit, I was notified of a "buy it now" price that was pretty close to my bid and the winning bid. Like I said, I bought it and like it, but I just thought that was a little weak.

·
Registered
43 Posts
JTron, some people have actually gotten that seller's VN900 sissy bars for $59 plus shipping so looks to me like you just got outbid by a sniper (I do that a lot). :( I hate when that happens too. It was actually kind of nice of him to give you a BIN option rather than deal with another auction, some of them have gone up to nearly $90. I rarely bid early, but I will always bid all the way up to what I am willing to pay so if it goes over I have no regrets losing the auction and I figure somebody else paid too much :p Bidding early just tells people somebody else is interested and they bid more. There, all my secrets are out. ;) I may or may not bid on the set that's up now - some of the reviews talk about stripped out bolt holes on these, and I'd still rather have a home-made upright but my daughter wants to ride pillion now and it makes me nervous not having anything to keep her from sliding off the back :eek:

I'm trying to figure out how the seller got all these "used" sissy bars... I'm wondering if they're seconds rather than used. They're still better than nothing, and decent price. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, mine was brand new and went on great. I guess I'm just new to ebay and learned a quick lesson! Backrest is great and my lady loves it. I bought highway bars on ebay from JMEI Motors for 89 bucks, also totally satisfied. Now I need to quit ebay while I have some money left.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JTron, some people have actually gotten that seller's VN900 sissy bars for $59 plus shipping so looks to me like you just got outbid by a sniper (I do that a lot). :( I hate when that happens too. It was actually kind of nice of him to give you a BIN option rather than deal with another auction, some of them have gone up to nearly $90. I rarely bid early, but I will always bid all the way up to what I am willing to pay so if it goes over I have no regrets losing the auction and I figure somebody else paid too much :p Bidding early just tells people somebody else is interested and they bid more. There, all my secrets are out. ;) I may or may not bid on the set that's up now - some of the reviews talk about stripped out bolt holes on these, and I'd still rather have a home-made upright but my daughter wants to ride pillion now and it makes me nervous not having anything to keep her from sliding off the back :eek:

I'm trying to figure out how the seller got all these "used" sissy bars... I'm wondering if they're seconds rather than used. They're still better than nothing, and decent price. :)
Yep, I "sniped" this one last minute - that's my eBay MO. Opened at 59, one bid at 60, I bid 61, + 38 for the luggage rack. It has a German Cross on the pad backplate. Also, I did have one bolt hole that was very hard, might have been partially stripped, but a little torgue got the job done. Just added Jaffrum saddlebags, so I guess it's time for a new pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts