Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and could not find the answer I was looking for, so here is what I found.
I have a 2015 900 Classic LT and wanted to get the Show Chrome 71-317 front fender rail and only 1 on line retailer said it would fit all others said would not fit and even at my local shop they said it would only fit 2006-2012.
It fits!I took a chance got it from amazon for 65 with prime and it installed it 5 minutes and looks great.
So if anyone is wondering if it will fit past 2012 the answer is yes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to read on how to upload pictures. But I will try in the next day or so

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll figure out the photo thing someday, I was on the fence about the rail and I'm with you it looks better then I thought it would too.
Now if the headlight and passing light visor would just show up..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pipes are Cobra speedsters slash down, and they sound great. I heard the V/H pipes next to these and not much difference the Cobra pipe may have been a bit quieter but hard to say.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
This one came on the bike when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Power Commander 5 is the fuel controller installed. Both the pipes and fuel controller were on the bike before I bought it. When I was at the dealership they had a 2016 with the V/H pipes and this 2015 with the Cobra pipes and they said they put the Power Commander 5 on both that's when I got to here them side by side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good looking bike GFISH,I saw that one when I was looking for a front rail. Not sure wich one I like better.
Love the white walls.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Good looking bike GFISH,I saw that one when I was looking for a front rail. Not sure wich one I like better.
Love the white walls.
Thanks, I do get a lot of people come up to look at it wanting to know what it is. It's cool but does get aggravating at times.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Literally JUST finished installing mine as well.

Also had a radiator cover that didn't end up fitting so that'll have to wait..

But very happy with the fender rail!
You should be.....it looks very nice against your black/red paint combination. Pretty bike!:smile2:

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
I've been debating for awhile between the fender tips or the rail. You've presented some beautiful examples of how the rail looks on a 900. Beautiful bikes too! However I still find myself on the fence. The nice thing about the rail is the ability to remove it without having harmed the fender. Not so with the tips.
@Zippo25. I just recently put an awesome radiator grill on my bike (see attached). I too had the same problem. I didn't account for the tight space created from the attaching points on my Highway bars. Fortunately I have some experience and tools for metal work. Hope yours works out.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Glhadiator one thing to think about is the rail can protect against an accidental "bump" from whatever. I'm thinking about getting the tip for the rear of the front fender and the tip for the rear fender.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts