Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3 states, 4 days, 3300 km.

I have a renewed appreciation for my 2000..

I was with (3) other bikes (all 1300cc Sport-Touring models).
Gas Mileage was THE SAME for all the bikes throughout the trip.
LOTS of twisty roads particularly Going to the Sun road and Mt. Rainier; it took more effort than the other bikes to ride
through the corners and in spite of scraping the floorboards a few times, it did really well. The tractor-torque really got the job done.
NO requirement to downshift during full throttle passes.
Backpack strapped to the backrest doubled as a backrest (for me) and was totally comfortable for hours in the saddle.
Resistor mod worked great as did mods to the stock air-box.
Switchblade 2-UP windscreen worth its weight in gold. Visor up and tunes on for 98% of the trip.
Lots to be said for the value of a long and heavy Cruiser on long(er)-rides!

Had fun!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Pretty much the same experience here. Most of the guys I ride with run some sort of Harley alphabet bike and when we travel, the pump volume is almost identical on all the bikes. The most noticeable difference is when we are doing the mountain switchbacks. Lots of shifting from everyone but me and the one Rocket rider in our group lol.:devil2:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Boy, been a long time since I've been here. Rode the back roads from Ky. Over to Missouri, down to Arkansas and Tennessee and back last year with my buddy on his Ultra Classic and although I still love my 2000 I'm starting to get the itch for some luggage. Installed a National Cycle 2 up which helped but hard bags and a trunk would be ideal. I also bought a 30' bumper pull a few years back so my ride time has been cut drastically. I still have 92 hours of personal time from work for the rest of the year and hopefully get in at least one long trip before it turns cold. Glad to see some of you old timers still on here.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
The switchback hairpins on SR 410 going over Chinook Pass on Rainier are slow going with the lack of ground clearance on my VN2000. But I can pass anything anywhere as stated above without downshifting. It's beautiful, man. And I got 50 mpg on a trip back from Pendleton Bike Week doing 80-90 mph most of the way (not on 410, too many Deer).

I am going to fabricate different brackets to raise the floor boards to eliminate the scraping. I am a sport bike rider historically and I need to lean this thing over farther, I am not using up enough of the tire real estate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts