Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what I was wondering was do I have to drill holes in my fender to install the posts everything I have see on=line seems to show that I do

·
Registered
22 Posts
You just remove the bolts that hold the fender trim on and put the studs in their place. I had to drill holes in my saddlebags. I use the key to remove them to clean my bike, or for a cleaner look.

IMG_20141221_083111.jpg

IMG_20141221_083120.jpg

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I have the Leatherlyke bags and they have the holes already. As Scoot said the chrome bolts come out and you can replace them with the posts. You may want to add some penetrating oil first so as not to strip.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi GFiSH

Maybe you can help me with selecting bags as well.
I have been looking to replace my Kawa bags on my '09 1700 Classic. The Kawa bags are really small and stick out too far with the mounting arrangement Kawa provided IMHO.
Are the Leatherlyke bags good quality bags? They are near $500 so they are up there with the US saddlebags and other pricey bags. Is the mounting system solid and clean looking with the bags removed? I can't find any dealers near Boston MA or Port St Lucie FL who have them so I ca see for myself what they are like.

Anyway, your comments would be very helpful to me.

Thanks and happy holidays,

WEG

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I like the bags. They're good size. I can fit my half helmet with room to spare. They have a quick release so I can take the bag off real fast. They are hard plastic and fairly sturdy. I think the look is pretty clean when off. They do sell all kinds on ebay. You can go on the leatherlykes website to see what they have. They were already on the bike when I bought it but I like them. I all depends what you like for your bike.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts