Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing different mounting position for the GO PRO HD camera. This time mounted on highway bars on left side. Mounted towards inside of bars to protect camera on lower section of highway bars just inches from the road. Yes I missed a gear. Had camera back too far. Too close to shifter this time. Used in the r3 setting on camera. 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
Highway Bar Videos

·
Registered
538 Posts
Cool video!! Mounting the camera that low makes it look like you're going a gazzilion miles an hour.:p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool video!! Mounting the camera that low makes it look like you're going a gazzilion miles an hour.:p
Great videos! That camera really has a good picture.
Thanks. I did a ton of research on trying to get decent video's of my rides without breaking the bank. Well my bank anyways LOL. Sony has a decent setup but I'm not into spending $2,000+ to film a ride. Some of the little point n shoot camera's do decent video but I wanted something more dedicated, could film longer, was weather resistant and had filming options. The Go Pro HD had it for me at least. I know others would like to record their rides so that's why I posted it. Whole outfit cost me $300 and you can do large screen HD with it. Figured if people could see actual usage before dropping $$ for one it would help. I'll be posting more as I get out finally in decent weather. It's funny. I had 87 views between this forum and another much larger Kawi forum and this one had the only comments. Not looking for praise or stuff just others thoughts on the quality etc. of video. Interesting stats on views though.
1 United States 63
2 France 1
3 Australia 2
4 Unknown 2
5 Great Britain (UK) 2
6 Spain 1
7 Switzerland 1
8 Canada 1
9 Czech Republic 1

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great job Seadog. Your research will probably spark more interest among other riders in such a venture as it has me since the results are there before us,,, but,,, the mustang seat first, then the cam. Again, great job.☮

·
Registered
409 Posts
I love the vid and the mouting position. Also your choice of music is one of my favs too. (Jessie Cook) I had goosebumps on my arms while watching it. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job Seadog. Your research will probably spark more interest among other riders in such a venture as it has me since the results are there before us,,, but,,, the mustang seat first, then the cam. Again, great job.☮
Thanks. I've tried different camera systems. I think this one overall is the most cost effective for the results. Especially the weather proofing and the fact that when I park the bike somewhere it only takes a min. to take off and it fits in my pocket so no bulky thing. My last ride I got a little over 2 hours of video on the one charge using a 16gb card.

Awesome as usual......Always enjoy ur vids......Some day i would like 2 try.....I think this is great.....:)
It's kinda fun to be able to look at the ride you did later and also the people you ride with. So many mounting options with the Go Pro HD. I would like to get a second one someday and record behind me as well as in front then do a Picture in Picture of the ride.

I love the vid and the mouting position. Also your choice of music is one of my favs too. (Jessie Cook) I had goosebumps on my arms while watching it. Thanks.
Some don't like the mounting down there saying they are kind of mesmerized by the front wheel spinning and keep looking at that. LOL I kinda noticed that too. The only problem doing the video's is the editing time since you're limited to how much you can upload. 2gb at both You Tube and Vimeo. Of course another hard thing is trying to find the right music to go with the ride. Being one who grew up on the 50's and 60's sounds I know that music good but don't know the more modern groups as well so it's a little harder searching. Plus sometimes I pick the song for the beat but the lyrics really don't go with the ride. LOL
I'm posting all the vids and test vids on You Tube and Vimeo. I actually prefer Vimeo more but get more random hits on You Tube since that's more popular. Vimeo has better quality though and less compression.
The You Tube Channel of mine http://www.youtube.com/seadog1967

The Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/channels/80372

With the various settings available I've found that the r5 and the r4 give the best full screen viewing. The r3 when viewed full screen is a little pixelated in the trees etc. but the r3 setting is 60fps which allows creating an awesome slow motion effect if you want.
Two Examples of being able to do slow motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5vCCwsoM0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSDiOB0EhE&feature=related

Sorry if I'm doing information overload. LOL I'm thinking of so many more uses for it besides motorcycles. LOL
video editing programs I'm using are Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, Vegas Pro, and a cheaper for really good program. CyberLink PowerDirector 8 which has a ton of features. http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html?affid=2581_584_479_2_0_ENU_powerdirector&utm_source=FeaturedSoftware&utm_medium=FeaturedSoftware_2_powerdirector&utm_campaign=Homepage
If I can be of any help with any more info feel free to pick what little brain I have left. Always nice when you can find someone else to be the guinea pig before you spend the money.
Oh and I have no business dealings with Go Pro HD except being a person who bought one. Just make sure you get the HD Motorsport model. Much more mounting options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stunning video.I liked it.It was really good to watch such a mind blowing video.I have never thought of such videos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts