Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just got finished installing a set of Baron's front and rear pulleys for my 900. I decided to make a short youtube video using some of the pictures I took along the way. I hope this helps some of the guys who were shy about doing it themselves. And please be nice, this is my first ever youtube video.

http://youtu.be/sGWp91iUZB8

Lastly- a big thanks to fellow forums member Denis for talking me into doing the mod and for helping with the rear wheel alignment!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Great video..... :clap: Covered all the bases to replacing the two pulleys. I especially liked your reference to the alignment marks when you started. I too noticed this and thought it was just me. Even when it was stock the two marks were not the same. When I finished the alignment they were off about the same amount, just farther back. :smile-big:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great video..... :clap: Covered all the bases to replacing the two pulleys. I especially liked your reference to the alignment marks when you started. I too noticed this and thought it was just me. Even when it was stock the two marks were not the same. When I finished the alignment they were off about the same amount, just farther back. :smile-big:
I am exactly the same as you. Off by the same amount just further back (2 notches in fact). Having the reference point at the start really helped.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am exactly the same as you. Off by the same amount just further back (2 notches in fact). Having the reference point at the start really helped.
So if the marks where not both the same , what method did you use to align the rear wheel ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the rear wheel back till I had the right tension on the belt. I then set the marks to have the same difference as it was from the factory (in my case 3/4 of a mark difference, with the exhaust side being more forward). With the wheel up off the ground I hand spun the wheel. If the belt moved left or right I made slight adjustments. We kept doing this proceedure until we had the belt off the side of the pulley and not moving. We then started the bike up and put it in 1st gear to let the wheel spin with a higher RPM. Continued to make adjustments until there was no rubbing or belt travel. Tightened everything up and we were done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts