Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the GoPro on the right side engine guard. That allows me access to the power on the right side. Then I ran a GoPro connector cable to the power source (thru the lower fairing). The GoPro cable allows for a microphone to be connected and the camera to charge at the same time. So I have a mic that connects right there where the 12V power is and connect it to my shirt collar. Here's what it sounded like.

GoPro Mic Test

At some point, I may take time to run power to the left side lower fairing and move the camera, but that's for another day.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
That works fine just like it is............

·
Registered
580 Posts
Pretty good sound and the video looks pretty stable also. I've never been able to get shake free video from mounting on the engine guard or saddle bag guards for some reason...

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty good sound and the video looks pretty stable also. I've never been able to get shake free video from mounting on the engine guard or saddle bag guards for some reason...
It was a nightmare on my Classic. The only way I could get a decent shot was to mount the camera to the handbars very close to the bike's center. The engine guards vibrated badly, that didn't work at all.

I did play with the Voyager a bit to reduce vibration. The Ram mount is very short and mounted in an upward direction (so it does not stick out far from the crash bar and gain leverage). When mounted outward of the bar, I did get vibration.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Got to see it now, video and sound both seem pretty good. sure beets a hand held camera for stability and wind noise. Edie handles the camera from the back seat, not me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts