Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that most guys who are skilled at working on their bike are not skilled at computer and video work and vice versa. I have looked on youtube and found no exact matches. I am looking for a well made video on the step by step removal of the rear tire on a 1700. One that shows the reinstallation and tension settings for the belt would be a bonus.

Any takers?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I can take a video of me taking my bike to the shop to have that done :)

I do almost all of my own maintenance but tires is not one of them. If the wheels have to come off, someone else is gonna take them off.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I realize that most guys who are skilled at working on their bike are not skilled at computer and video work and vice versa. I have looked on youtube and found no exact matches. I am looking for a well made video on the step by step removal of the rear tire on a 1700. One that shows the reinstallation and tension settings for the belt would be a bonus.

Any takers?
I just did the change with RacnRay but it took over an hour and I was helping him, So I could not video. After watching whats involved, I think I could bang out the wheel removal in about 45 mins to an hour. I was surprised at how much has to come off the bike. You will need a lift and a floor jack. A 2nd set of hands does not hurt. The belt adjustment was very straight forward. No pun intended. I am at the 3rd notch from the back of the adjuster. Line up the marks and voila. Should never have to adjust again unless the belt stretches somehow and I find it unlikely.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
There is nothing to video. Lift the bike, remove the shocks, drop the swingers, remove the wheel. Reverse when putting together.

Also put commander 2 tires on and you only have to change the tire every 20,000 miles or so which for the average touring rider is 2 to 4 years.

Wish I had time to make videos. Could use the YouTube income.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
People seriously over-estimate how much income you can make from YouTube and how difficult it is to actually garner significant views.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
People seriously over-estimate how much income you can make from YouTube and how difficult it is to actually garner significant views.
Absolutely. I was being facetious. I do find it amazing that folks will put in all that time to video something l I'm e this and others expect to view it for free.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

Any takers?
I don't think skill is what's missing from the intersection of that Venn diagram.

There is a lot of small steps in getting the rear tire off.
Trying to get a good image on camera and discuss the intricacies of what your doing so that it would make sense to people who aren't skilled at working on their bike would add considerable time to the project.

I think TWA is more on target that it's not appealing to do for free.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts