Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
If you have the time, go over the Bear Mountain Bridge. if you take 9D its a sweet ride up to the 84 connection, then you can go over the Newburgh Beacon Bridge and come back down or if your in a hurry to get home you can catch the Taconic Parkway south. There are so many nice roads up that way, I love that area.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark, I just got the contour camera that fits on my helmet. I've been thinking about putting a mount on my front fender.

Brian, it was incredible to not have any traffic and rolling curves to ride on. I'm definitely going to head back up that way again soon and will take your recommendation. I just got some rok straps, so I'm thinking about putting my tent and bag on the back and do an overnight trip somewhere in that area, so I don't have to rush back.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh so it is not a gopro. Could you give some more details on the camera. It's quality is very good.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've got a similar camera, the Drift HD. Mounts like the Contour.

Nice video but, come on, that great sounding bike but instead we gotta have some guy vomiting onto a microphone with a generic drum/guitar beat in the background! (Okay, kidding, kidding. Metal isn't my music but it's not that bad :p)

I'm not a fan of music to videos, but that's what the mute button is for! Looks good man, looking forward to more. Looks like a GREAT road!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark, here is a link. They are kinda expensive, but I had a few best buy gift certificates saved up that made it affordable.
http://store.contour.com/ae/us/cameras/contour+-2/invt/1700

Romans, haha, metal definitely isn't for everyone. I only ride a stock en500, so I use metal vocals to fill in the growl of a bigger engine/better pipes.

I really want a meanstreak, but might get an 800 classic first, when I'm ready to sell my starter bike. It's tough, cause the 500 is great for riding in the city, but when I go on trips I always wish I had something bigger. Might just be time to save for a 2nd bike just for road trips.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice video, I'm hoping to get up to bear mountain this season.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good man, the Bear Mountain ride is fun, but I'm looking for some other routes, either around jersey/long island or CT. I'm trying to plan a meet up with some D.C. friends in Atlantic City also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts