Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
It's still pretty cool. From a concept point of view anyway. You've gotta start somewhere. Even though the torque number won't rival high end sport bikes, electric motors are 100% of torque all the time, even from 0mph. Which creates a pretty wild ride. I bet that thing is a blast to ride!

I rode 233 miles yesterday. Didn't go anywhere or do anything, just riding. If I had to stop to charge for 4 hours several times, yikes! But as battery technology gets better, electric motorcycles are going to be pretty exciting.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
It wouldn't be bad for short rides to work. However the price tag puts it at.. never gonna happen.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Disappointed that it's not much different from what Brammo had before Polaris bought them ... same bike pretty much. The Zero still seems a better bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
With that msrp of $20k i see them sitting on the showroom floor until it's last years model and maybe then they will sell some for $12k or so. Good concept, but the price point is plain stupid.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
It's still pretty cool. From a concept point of view anyway. You've gotta start somewhere. Even though the torque number won't rival high end sport bikes, electric motors are 100% of torque all the time, even from 0mph. Which creates a pretty wild ride. I bet that thing is a blast to ride!

I rode 233 miles yesterday. Didn't go anywhere or do anything, just riding. If I had to stop to charge for 4 hours several times, yikes! But as battery technology gets better, electric motorcycles are going to be pretty exciting.
I figure in the next couple of years we'll see hybrid motorcycles. I just hope they aren't as butt ass ugly as a Prius lol

Battery tech is coming along. There's already decent electric cars out there and performance wise, holy cow. Tesla anyone? It still takes up to 8 hours to charge on full discharge which makes it not ideal for travelling. But for daily use and commuting to and from work, and for play they are pretty cool.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
With that msrp of $20k i see them sitting on the showroom floor until it's last years model and maybe then they will sell some for $12k or so. Good concept, but the price point is plain stupid.
most everybody looks at us as being stupid enuff to actually pay these prices. Municipalities will buy these for their local police force because they ARE stupid and are spending YOR money so it doesn't matter what they cost.
this is just stupid marketing where the mfgs are trying to recoup the entire cost of R&D in the first run of production.
cost to mfg such a vehicle couldn't amount to more than $1k worth of parts total.
some Chinese company will copy that finished product and sell them to US market thru big box stores for $2k and make a killing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts