Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently own a 2008 lime green 900 custom and LOVE it but i am leaning towards getting a highball... i am going to a test ride today after work... has anyone else looked or ridden the Highball yet? let me know what you people think.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Didn't even know about the Highball till you posted:eek: Definitely not a bad looking scoot, just not my style. The Victory I like, the Hammer S, is way out of my range, lol!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I liked almost everything about the 5 Victory Demo bikes I test rode at Carlisle PA. The one thing that would scare me off from a Vic is the Transmission. All 5 of the bikes thunked into each gear. It felt and sounded like hitting the transmission with a hammer. I really hoped that all the hype I had read about how the 2011 models had 2/3 less drivetrain lash and shifted better was true. Unfortunately that was not the case. I hadn't ridden a Vic since 2008 and they really were slightly worse back then.

My 65000 mile Nomad shifts way better than a new Vic. Every other brand of bike shifts better for that matter!

The Victory Demo folks didn't seem to want to listen to my feedback or anyone else who had anything except positive things to say. They seemed to think that the only answer was that the Demo Bikes were so abused and a brand new bike wouldn't have the same issues. I've never had another Manufacturer use that excuse. You put out the Demo fleet, Those should be the most well maintained, premium examples of your product. I know it has been a long hard day and they don't really care what problems I have with the bike, but, they asked! I didn't need them to try to bullshit me or anything like that. If they didn't want to know then why ask!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rode a bunch of Victory models at a recent demo day too. Excepting the ones with dual discs, the main thing I didn't like was weak front brakes. Squeezing the lever hard just didn't result in much velocity reduction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts