Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory has a new model for this spring , the Gunner . It's basically a Vegas with a bigger tire on the front or a Judge with Vegas side covers.

I was vary interested in the Judge when it came out but couldn't get past the moto-cross style side panels , just didn't look right for a cruiser IMO. The Gunner is what I thought the Judge should have looked like in the first place , much better looking than the Judge to my eye's , I don't see the Judge staying in the line up for long with the introduction of the Gunner.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/02/08/2015-victory-gunner-bobber-first-look-review-photos-specs/

J

·
0 Posts
I dunno, with the exception of the Vision, it looks like every other Victory motorcycle to me, though If my memory serves me, I seem to recall a time when they actually put paint on their bikes.....and even a little chrome here and there. They all look like mud to me these days, and I don't mean just Victory's bikes either.

·
Registered
415 Posts
They must be fast, only weigh what our 9's weigh with all that cc's the other victory's have, kindof short, 93.5" and ours are 98", air/oil cooled, dunlop lettering on tires looks corny for me, something we did as kids on our hotrods, only one color, it'll be $14k before your out the door, beats the yamaha bolt, but twice the price. A one and done i think.......ride on......

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
How did I miss this post two months ago?

The Gunner, as it turns out, is a curious thing. Yes, it's a parts bin bike. Victory uses 2 frames (the steel frame which has been used for the V92, Vegas, Hammer, Kingpin, Boardwalk, Judge, Highball and now Gunner) and the aluminum frame (Vision and Cross bikes). The difference in the steel frame or "cruiser" models used to be fairly significant. All the same frame and naturally different fenders and panels and whatnot, but also differences in suspension (Hammer and Kingpin use inverted forks) or huge rear tires, availability of paint jobs and often aftermarket bits. Then they axed the Kingpin and "replaced" it with the Boardwalk (to the dismay of KP owners everywhere), the changed the Cross Roads around twice (hard bags, soft bags, wire wheels, new 8-ball version...bleh). The 2013 Judge was a homage to cafe bikes--sorta--while the '14 is a more traditional cruiser.

Then there's the Gunner. Vegas everything except wheels and front fender. Way to sneak a "new" model in, guys. HOWEVER...those that allow their curiosity to get the better of them seem to be pretty thrilled with the bike, claiming it rides and handles better than the Vegas. And everyone seems to dig the laced alloys they came up with.

I like it okay, I guess, but I'm not sure a new set of wheels and a different front fender make a new model. That other bike company does that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts