Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Victory demo truck made it to my neck of the woods today.

Rode the Vision since it was my only interest and had been declared by many as a 'tall man's bike'. Rode with sunny sky and 52 degrees.

Windshield-awesome. Moved it down in the city and up on the freeway.

Heated grips-these will be mandatory on my next bike!

Radio-sounded great.

Handlebar/controls-everything seemed easy to reach. Would not take long to learn location of everything. I was worried the handlebars would come back too far for me, but they were very comfortable.

Balance-as I came to stops, it was like I had to tell myself to put a foot down-it's that well balanced.

Storage-sidebags are a little small, but ample for me. Trunk is larger than mine.

Dislikes:

Seat-I will need it higher and further back. My 36" inseam had my legs curled up. No way the stock seat will work for me. Dealer said I would have to go aftermarket or have the stock seat worked on.

Gear shift-I'm a heel-toe guy. Would have to install the heel shift option.

Edit-
Found out the foot controls are adjustable. Will be moving them up and adding heel shifter.
Yip it's true-ride one and you'll own one....

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Was 1 step away from buing a 2008 Vision tour last summer when I got a decent deal on a left over 2012 Voyager. Have over 6300 miles and 2 overnight trips on it since august with no regrets. Did set on the Vision and was surprised at how light and balanced it felt for such a large bike.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Done deal!
VERY COOL!
I would have probably bought a Vision if my wife had liked the ride from the pillion.

Ride Safe and ENJOY!
Scott

·
Registered
408 Posts
Too expensive for me when I bought my leftover 08' VN2000LT in 10' but this will probably be the next one. The Harley's all feel to small even though the wife likes the ride. The Goldwing is too much like a car and not enough like a motorcycle, even though they do handle pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts