Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stated on another thread recently that I like Victory motorycycles. I actually am a fan of most motorcycles. Kawi, Star, HD, ect.. I love my Nomad and will be keeping it for quite a while and recently threw a grand worth of chrome and LEDs into it. I test road a Victory Cross Roads and found it to be very similar to the Nomad except a terrible engine wine. I love the look of it. Today I came across thier new 2013 Cruiser called the Victory Boardwalk and was so freaked out by the look of it I had to come to you people and share. This is possibly the ugliest motorcycle I have ever seen, its horrible. It is even too terrible to download onto my tablet to post here. I can not believe that ridiculous thing wil make it to production. This coming from someone who likes the look of the Vision space ship. I don't know if should be posting this here but I needed to vent. I am going in my garage now to spend time with the Nomad and appreciate her beauty. Everyone here should appreciate thier Vulcans. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like it! Victory going after that Softail dollar. Good Softail Deluxe knockoff. I thought I was going to see the ugliest thing on earth. The Vision is insanely uglier. Thanks for bringing the boardwalk up. I'll look out for it next time I'm at the local Vic dealer. The black one looks best.

·
Registered
507 Posts
For me, the Victory vegas Jackpot is one of the best looking bikes out there! I, like gcsteve, am a fan of kawi's, stars, some harley's, etc. I'm also a big fan of the Triumph Thunderbird. For kawi's, Along with my 900 Custom, I happen to like the Vaquero a lot right now.

The Victory Boardwalk? Meh.

·
Registered
636 Posts
victory

I checked it out. Will have to agree UGLY!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Got to hand it to Victory. You can love or hate most of their bikes but you can't ignore them. The Boardwalk is the replacement for the King Pin I believe and even though it's not my favorite I can see that it fills the gap in their line up between the blacked out and radical colored cruisers. Like most Victorys photos don't really do them justice, you either have to see them in action (video) or in person to really appreciate their style. I would have gone with the 2 tone headlight housing (like on the jackpot) and made the instrument gauge more discrete but over all I dig the more dressed, refined style. It kind of serves as an alternate ego to The Judge.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty bad looking. :(

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I went on there test ride event so I'm on there email list. Saw the video , I tried to like it but it just aint happening , didn't care much for the Kingpin either too much fender for my liking , and the Vision .... well not a fan although it's not as ugly in person. The Cross Roads ,Cross Country, Judge ,Hammer , High Ball and the Vegas variations are nice looking bikes.
I also like the Vaquero, one of the coolest fairings out there ,the Yam Raider and a few Harley models as well.
If I could pick a Victory right now I'd be going with a Judge , wish they would put a wider front tire option on the Vegas though, as I like the look of it better.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I went back and wtched a few videos of the Boardwalk and I tried so hard to like it. The Kingpin wasn't for me but I thought it was O.K. The Boardwalk, I just can not get past that front fender and that seat is anything but traditional classic cruiser. Yuk! I even usually like big fenders like the honda VTX N, with that giant fender on the back loved it. Maybe it will look a lot better with a new seat. Like I said I have been following Victory Motorcycle since 1999 and the 92C. I still go on ebay and think about buying the black with flame 92c when I see them. Ever since reading that roadkill guy put 200,000 miles on one of the first Victories I have been a fan. I love high milers. One of the reasons I bought a Nomad is because I met a guy that put 150,000 on his and saw one on line with 265,000. I hope I can find enough time to put some big miles on my Nomad. Sorry for rambling lets ride.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I am a big fan of Victory motorcycles. The dealer network; not so much.

But, it is nice to see an American manufacturer building innovative bikes.

The Boardwalk has too much fender for my tastes, but I wouldn't call it 'ugly'.

Scott

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am not a fan of Victory, but they do have 1 or 2 that don't look to bad. The boardwalk doesn't look all that bad. Biggest thing is, it needs new exhaust. It has that new Honda exhaust on it which I hated when i had ny 2010 VT1300ct. Put a set of Bubs on the boardwalk and let er rip.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not as ugly as I expected but still not my kind of bike. Could never get my wife to get on the back of a bike that small. The bikes I think are really ugly are the ones that have handlebars about 4 feet apart. Just can't imagine having to do a hard U-turn with bars out so wide. Guess that Boardwalk is made to be a Bar Hopper.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It's not to my taste, but I wouldn't call it ugly. It's kind of a "generic" looking attempt at a nice customized look, and with a little TLC (and a prettier set of pipes), I think it could look much nicer. Still not quite my bag, but I can appreciate what they're trying to do. Same with the new Judge they released.

The Hard Ball and Cross Country, on the other hand, make my innards twist all up in delight!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We should hook up sometime. I'm in Floral Park and I assume you're from Garden City. I do a lot of riding on the North Shore.
Steve
Sure we should. Im in Glen Cove. Summer is a bit busy but come September we can defintely get something going. Long Island gets smaller and smaller. I love getting off LI but hate that we have to go through NYC to get anywhere. Took the Orient Pt.ferry last month and rode to Rhode Island, a very nice way to leave LI. Still some good riding here ocean pkwy, northern blvd out east ect. Wife and I go out to Port Jeff on Sunday afternoons sometimes.
By the way that last pick is in sea cliff.
And yes the boardwalk is still ugly.ugly.ugly.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I LIKE it! Classic lines nice looking ride for a solo rider!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but not ugly, that grotesque battlestar galactica victory touring bike is whats ugly, it seems the goldwing is the only decent looking bike make, but not a fan of those kind of bikes anyway.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Sounds like you are a "Cruiser" fan, not a motorcycle fan. There are many other catagories of motorcycles out there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts