Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry people for not staying in touch, special thanks to the folks inquiring about my absence. Thank you!
My 04 V2K came down with a vibration. At 65-75 on throttle, I get a vibration, (with the wife on back). The. Noticed it again ( w/o wife) when I cracked the throttle 105 mph. I took and got the bike back up to 85 mph and clutched in, smooth ride. Noticed its only under acceleration, but only in fifth gear and between 65-75, 80-90, strong vibration 100-115!!!!!
Again, clutched in and every time a smooth ride, checked play in wheels, new rear tire 2000 miles ago, belt in good shape, but, do have half an inch of play (slack) in the belt. Cannot find any problems at eye sight. Could belt have to much play? Or do I need to dig deeper? Belt is nice but I miss my noisy chain drive. Appreciate some feed back.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
, do have half an inch of play (slack) in the belt. Cannot find any problems at eye sight. Could belt have to much play? Or do I need to dig deeper? Belt is nice but I miss my noisy chain drive. Appreciate some feed back.
1/2" way too much play! Belt should be snugg tite with NO play. There is proper tension required per specs. Once you adjust, see what is normal rite, you won't have truble doing it. These belts can take more than yor old chain. They don't stretch much after new. 100k is standard life.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi as was mentioned on here recently it would pay to check that the engine mounts are tight. most engine vibrations are caused by loose mounts.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Vibrations

I always harp on the bearing failure in the drive hub, but it can cause a bad vibration if it gets worn enough. When mine let go, it let the hub come out of the wheel far enough to jam up and stop the rear wheel. Check for shiny around the joint between the hub and the wheel. If the bearing has let go or the hub is worn there will be marks from the hub moving under acceleration.:cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi as was mentioned on here recently it would pay to check that the engine mounts are tight. most engine vibrations are caused by loose mounts.
I third that as well. It completely cured the vibes in my bike and the mounts were very loose. Look at your gear lever when she starts to get vibration and if its shaking like a wet dog, its the mounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts