Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read about vibration in a previous thread my bike is new only 300 miles its pretty smooth till around 60 mph and then there is engine vibration it almost feels like it needs a 6th gear my friends who drive bigger bikes than me said the vibration i have is normal for a V-Twin engine. Since its been 30 yrs since my last bike I dont really have a bench mark in which to compare. Having read in the previous thread that I will need to put 10K on the bike before its smooths out.....wow that seems like a dam long break in period lol. The amount of miles a year that i ride could be 5 years before i break it in !!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The solution is to ride more...!! ;)

as long as the vibration you mention really is only noticeable when the engine is being revvd higher, what you describe sounds normal...
I had a 800 cc cruiser that did the same...as you get up in rpms in the highest gear, it does seem to vibrate more and feel like you need the next gear....etc.
I suspect you will get used to it ....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Today I was running in the 60 to 80 mph range over a 25 or 30 mile stretch, and didn't notice the vibration, which I"m sure was there. You adjust to it.

A sixth gear, then you would want a seventh, I pretty sure I would anyway. :D

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Having read about vibration in a previous thread my bike is new only 300 miles its pretty smooth till around 60 mph and then there is engine vibration it almost feels like it needs a 6th gear my friends who drive bigger bikes than me said the vibration i have is normal for a V-Twin engine. Since its been 30 yrs since my last bike I dont really have a bench mark in which to compare. Having read in the previous thread that I will need to put 10K on the bike before its smooths out.....wow that seems like a dam long break in period lol. The amount of miles a year that i ride could be 5 years before i break it in !!
see this thread, it mat be your answer to the problem.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7452

:):)

or this one

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7452

Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's a V-twin, it's gonna vibrate. I don't notice real vibes 'til I get to 70 MPH. I've had it to 90 and it doesn't like that too much.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the vibes you feel will never go away you will get more use to it. But for sure at the 75 80 mile mark the motor is wining its little heart out. have had my bike up to about 110 at that speed the motor is about to shake out some bolts for sure lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts