Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vibration issue! ... I have a custom 900, when I steer to the right at slow speeds, around 50kmh - 60kmh I notice a vibration through my handlebars and right footpeg.

This only happens when I turn right... When I pull the lever clutch in, decelerate and turn to the right I can still feel the vibration, more so in fact, It doesn't happen riding in straight lines or turning left.

My tyres are all good treadwise and pressure wise and the pads look ok in my brakes, does anyone have any ideas where to look next?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've had the same thing on a previous bike, and narrowed it down to the tire. Some tires, especially dual compound (they were MCII's) will vibrate or hum just a little when they're worn, more noticeable on a smooth road surface. That tire had good tread, but had started to scallop (I have a woeful history of failing to check pressure and running them low). Replacement eliminated the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the same thing on a previous bike, and narrowed it down to the tire. Some tires, especially dual compound (they were MCII's) will vibrate or hum just a little when they're worn, more noticeable on a smooth road surface. That tire had good tread, but had started to scallop (I have a woeful history of failing to check pressure and running them low). Replacement eliminated the problem.

Yup, I took it into a Kawa service centre to have a couple of things done to it this morning and asked him if he knew what it was, and it looks like the same problem.

They both have really slight cupping, I missed it when I checked the tyres a couple of days ago, but when it was up in the air on the bike lift it was much easier to spot, they're being replaced tomorrow morning, fingers crossed that's going to sort it out ::smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts