Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after getting my "new" bike, I complained about the vibration anytime I got above 50 - 55 mph. Did some research, talked with friends, tried some experimenting.

The previous owner had the tallest windscreen installed and had it set as high as it would go. It was high enough I looked through it even when sitting up as high as I could. I removed the screen , "vibration" only started kicking in above 75 mph, but nothing I couldn't live with. The wind was another issue, mainly above 55 mph, especially when turning my head slightly. So, what I thought was vibration was actually buffeting. I put the windshield back on, set it to the lowest setting, (about 3 inches lower). Buffeting/vibration was there, but it was less.

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your belt tensions might be too tight. That made a big difference on mine. I felt my other 3 bikes listed in the signature and loosened mine to match. I have also read that if your exhaust is drilled, debaffled, or replaced with aftermarket that it will cause more vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts