Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm fine, not hurt. Was travelign to work behind a 4x4, good distance (2second) light rain. Traveling 62Kph (limit was 60). Decided to quickly look down to check my speed. Heard teh screeching of tires, looked up saw red lights. Applied breaks, almost to a stop, but not enough. Crush. Keep the bike up on both wheels, dropped the kickstand got off the bike to check my shorts, LOL

Now that that is over with, my complaint. Price for this little fender bender. $8606.67 (labour & tax included) $7099.20 JUST FOR PARTS!!

Holy hell, I could have driven this bike home without the front fender, but cautioned on the side fo safety. Mind you after looking at the price list, I'm questioning some of the parts listed. But here a small breakdown of the more expensive parts. WARNING sitdown first.

$1243.73 COWLING, UPP, OUTER, BLUE.BL
$938.13 TANK-COMP-FUEL, BLUE.BLACK (not sure why this is on the list)
$735.58 DAMPER-ASSY, FORK, LH & RH (price is for each)
$622.33 WHEEL-ASSY, FR, BLACK
$378.86 COWLING-ASSY, UPP, INNER, BL

I'm also questioning the price for the parts, since I checked online at Babbitts Sports Center and brought the parts total down to $5637.50

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
WOW, :eek: sorry to hear that. Is insurance going to cover it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah they will cover it, that's why I have issurance.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh My! Glad you are okay!

·
Registered
83 Posts
First off, I'm fine, not hurt. Was travelign to work behind a 4x4, good distance (2second) light rain. Traveling 62Kph (limit was 60). Decided to quickly look down to check my speed. Heard teh screeching of tires, looked up saw red lights. Applied breaks, almost to a stop, but not enough. Crush. Keep the bike up on both wheels, dropped the kickstand got off the bike to check my shorts, LOL

Now that that is over with, my complaint. Price for this little fender bender. $8606.67 (labour & tax included) $7099.20 JUST FOR PARTS!!

Holy hell, I could have driven this bike home without the front fender, but cautioned on the side fo safety. Mind you after looking at the price list, I'm questioning some of the parts listed. But here a small breakdown of the more expensive parts. WARNING sitdown first.

I'm also questioning the price for the parts, since I checked online at Babbitts Sports Center and brought the parts total down to $5637.50
The prices sound about the same for my accident last year.
Glad you were not hurt......

·
Registered
434 Posts

I had a very similar situation about a month ago, but I missed the SUV in front of me, but to do so went into a sideways skid so I could steer around the SUV, that worked, but I ultimately high sided on my ride side, was thrown off and destroyed the bag, rear crash bar, top and bottom trim bars on the bag, handle bar and throttle grip. I did the repairs myself, ordered parts from Babbits, all is well now, she looks good as new, total for all parts was $1500.00 and that rear bag was $900.00 of the total... babbits was more than $100.00 cheaper on the bag than some of the other parts houses... the plastic parts were by far the most expensive to replace, the metal parts were reasonably priced imo... glad your ok... my road rash is just about healed now ;o(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Glad to hear you wasn't hurt. The price of parts is crazy.... just buy a new bike and strip it, use the parts you want and sell the rest for parts on ebay and pocket $20k or so for the rest of the parts! LOL... sometimes I think that would work, your half the price into a new bike already. Glad your insured.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Geez...that can't be far from totaled, eh?

I understand it's a Voyager, but holy crap, I only paid $400 more than your damages for a brand new, zero miles, VN2K with four years extended warranty.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Geez...that can't be far from totaled, eh?

I understand it's a Voyager, but holy crap, I only paid $400 more than your damages for a brand new, zero miles, VN2K with four years extended warranty.
That's a cheap price for VN2K, but a voyager has a msrp around 16-17k.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm sure you now realize that 2 seconds in a light rain was not far enough behind. Even with ABS. Good thing you had ABS or you would have probably gone down.

When I start getting a little close to the vehicles in front of me I hope posts like this pop into my mind and help me back off to about 4 seconds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah 3 or 4 sec would have been better, but this was also rush hour, and you know what happens to us bikers in rush hours, we get cut off liek we weren't even there. As is, it only took 10 mintues for there to be another accident about 40 ft behind me by 2 trucks, 1 trying to avoid my incident. Another bike accident just down the hill from me, also another biker, later that day a 4 vehicle pileup. All this in a city of 100K pop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts