Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the cool things about working for a Yamaha dealer after my Motor Cop job every day for more than 10 years was all the "stuff" I accumulated for all my Yamaha motorcycles, especially my Venture. I have 3 new in the box Big Bike brand replacement windshields among a ton of other stuff. I just wish I had got a couple extra trunk racks, but how often to you scratch one of those??

Soooooo... I took one of the windshields that is 4 inches shorter than the stock Venture windshield, cut (trimmed) the last bolt notches on each side as the Venture windshield is 4 inches wider on each side than the stock Voyager windshield.

The Big Bike windshield is also 4 inches shorter than the stock Voyager windshield. I then drilled new holes in it to match the mounting holes for the Voyager. The clarity of the Big Bike windshield is far better than that stock fish tank wavy crappy windshield that comes on the Voyager.

Anyway... going down the highway at 90mph or so, there is no wind on my head and the air flow is "different" around me. I am not getting beat in the chest with air now. (I am 6-3) ....

I look over the top edge of the windshield now. So this one will do until Clearview calls me and lets me know when they have started making their windshields for the 1700 Voyager. They have told me hopefully sometime in the next couple months. They are THE BEST....

Anyway, the whole project only took about 15 minutes from start to ride test...... On one of the pics you can see the end tab I cut off that I tapped on to see where it was. 4 inches wider each side and 4 inches shorter and I think they cost about 50 bucks... I got them for free when the Yamaha store closed, plus a truck load of other Yamaha items for my fleet of Yamaha's. They also sold Kawasaki.... but...... something about hindsight I guess....

·
Registered
445 Posts
You did a great job looks real good.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if nothing else... it's different..... I do not like the stock windshield on the Voyager...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice! I've had to get used to looking through my stock windscreen. Still not sure I like it.

If I could ask, what kind of GPS setup do you have? I have trouble with the sun and the GPS screen in that location.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Tom Tom with a home made plastic visor. It is good most of the day but no matter what you do there are times that you just cant see it. But even then I can still read the mph... I only use it for the speed, and seldom for directions. The Venture I just had it on because of the car tire on the rear the speedo was 11 mph off. I used the GPS for the speedo until I got the "yellow box" speedo adjuster. Then I set my speedo at 5mph slow so I could set the cruise at 90....

·
Registered
223 Posts
A Tom Tom with a home made plastic visor. It is good most of the day but no matter what you do there are times that you just cant see it. But even then I can still read the mph... I only use it for the speed, and seldom for directions. The Venture I just had it on because of the car tire on the rear the speedo was 11 mph off. I used the GPS for the speedo until I got the "yellow box" speedo adjuster. Then I set my speedo at 5mph slow so I could set the cruise at 90....
Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts