Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the need for advertising on the forum to offset the cost of operating and maintaining the forum. I can even put up with it being a business and wanting to make a profit off of the member's intellectual property.

I will not, however put up with the Administration sending me a PM with supposed 'deals' that vendors have to offer.

Any future spamming me of the Admin by PM'ing me will be deemed as grounds for relinquishing my membership to the forum and no longer participating in any fashion.

I see the ads on the forum side panel, i don't need to see them in my mailbox.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. I am new here and am considering purchasing a membership. This is a good way to make that not happen. driverdeals.com will not get ANY of my business out of principle due to that spam.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am new to the forums but I support this thread!

NO SPAM PLZ:)

·
Administrator
438 Posts
- This is a one time PM.
- The pop up is cookie based and unless you clear your cookie each time you log out you will only be seeing it once.
- Driver deals is something we started to help bring deals and specials to the members of the motorcycle.com network.
- We are working with the Site Vendors to get these specials.
- If there is something you might like to get, let us know. We might be able to work with the vendors or manufactures to get a smoking deal.

We know its a pain in the butt, and we are sorry if we have upset you with it. However this was the easiest and most effective way for us to let you all know about it and what we are planning to do.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Whats wrong with starting a thread about the gloves & those that are interested will find it. I,m sure we all visit the general forum.

I checked it out but was disappointed to not find a wiper on the gloves. Been looking for a glove with this along with other motorcycle features @ a affordable price for a long time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
- This is a one time PM.
- The pop up is cookie based and unless you clear your cookie each time you log out you will only be seeing it once.
- Driver deals is something we started to help bring deals and specials to the members of the motorcycle.com network.
- We are working with the Site Vendors to get these specials.
- If there is something you might like to get, let us know. We might be able to work with the vendors or manufactures to get a smoking deal.

We know its a pain in the butt, and we are sorry if we have upset you with it. However this was the easiest and most effective way for us to let you all know about it and what we are planning to do.
It doesn't matter what spin you try and put on it Admin .. Its the result of a deal done somewhere and not the type of marketing that should be encouraged in my opinion. .. Forums are for people to connect and discuss topics that interest them .. not somewhere to be covertly advertised to ..

By all means promote the "deals"on the home page ... don't spam us in our conversations and PM boxes ... It's not cool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get about 100 emails a day for work that said one private message isn't going to kill me. Call me sick but to me it didn't bother me. Times are tough and going to get worse. I can't be mad for someone trying to keep a free website free with an occasional spam message

·
Registered
65 Posts
Guys,
I'm not an admin here, but ya need to realize that these forums are not free. There is cost to run, maintain, and monitor them.
My suggestion would be for them to not do this for paid members, which is what I'm guessing 'premium members' are, but just understand for us non-paid members it is the cost of having access to this great forum.
As with any change or desire for new revenue there will be some hiccups. Give them time to sort it out.
Most other forums use the pay-for option as not only a method to support the board, but to eliminate some of the advertising. Maybe they'll go that route, but if you don't pay for a 'premium' membership, you really can't complain as when it comes down to it, you are just a guest here.
Not trying to fluff any feathers, just trying to explain some things from an 'admin's perspective.

Jason

·
Registered
97 Posts
The cost to run this forum and a decent profit is MORE than made up by the ridiculous amount of ads on every page. That's enough.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I didn't like the "enter email and password" aspect. Why would I enter my email AND PASSWORD to any site I'm not aware of??????

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Is it that hard to click no??

I'm new, a lifetime member cause I know what it takes to maintain these sites and it was the only way I could contribute.

BUT I am an international (from Australia) and they dont ship internationally :-( so for me a bit pointless - but it takes less than 2 minutes to deal with and opt out of future offers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The cost to run this forum and a decent profit is MORE than made up by the ridiculous amount of ads on every page. That's enough.
I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you have access to the P&L General Leger for this forum, how do you know what the profit margins are?

I appreciate that this forum is there so I can connect with other bike owners, and if that means getting a PM once in a while, so be it. It's a free forum! So far I've been here for over 6 months and only received one PM advertisement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts