Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this for a buddy since he is not much into owners forums. Looking for windshield recommendations.

He just purchased a 2018 Vaquero and loves it. I took it for a ride and must admit it's a pretty nice bike. Anyway, he replaced the stock shorty windshield with a Klock Werks 9" flare. He stated that this new shield is worse that the stock shorty and the wind buffeting around the helmet is pretty bad. What screens are worthwhile for the Vaquero? Would lowers help? Pictures are appreciated, but I can have him look up specs on his own. For the record, he's a little on the short side at about 5'7".

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Voyager with the Clearview Shield that is the "small" with the vent. I'm 5' 7" and it works great for me with no buffeting at all. It measures 13-1/4" in length and could actually be 12" for me but I don't want to cut the top down since it has the recurve. If I didn't have the vent I could cut the bottom off but then the vent would hit the dashboard. They have a protective coating that allows you to test it first if you like. If it doesn't work you can send it back.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the 12" Klockwerks windscreen on my 2016 Vaquero, and LOVE IT! I worked a 9" KW into the deal when I bought my bike, and quickly realized that it was too short. Like your friend, I got a ton of wind buffeting with the 9". I called the dealer and they swapped it out for the 12" one, and I haven't looked back. It's perfect for me, and I'm 5'8" tall.

-John

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 12" Klockwerks windscreen on my 2016 Vaquero, and LOVE IT! I worked a 9" KW into the deal when I bought my bike, and quickly realized that it was too short. Like your friend, I got a ton of wind buffeting with the 9". I called the dealer and they swapped it out for the 12" one, and I haven't looked back. It's perfect for me, and I'm 5'8" tall.

-John
How high is the screen compared to your face? Are you able to look over the top? Post a pic if you have one, he's interested in seeing how it looks installed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
How high is the screen compared to your face? Are you able to look over the top? Post a pic if you have one, he's interested in seeing how it looks installed.
I don't have any pics handy - I'll see if I can upload one tonight.

I can easily see over the top of it, but with the curve in it, it directs the airflow to above my eyes, and mostly above my helmet.

-John

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I put a Windstream 16" on my '17 Vaquero. It doesn't come with any trim at the bottom so I put the black shorty back on over the clear Windstream. I'm 6' with a 33" inseam. The only problem is that in hot weather there's little air movement around my head and it can get very warm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts