Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2021 Kawasaki Vaquero 1700
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a thread for VN1700 owners to share their thoughts & experiences with Windshields / screens.

After a lot of research, several months ago i bought a Windvest 8" Gunsmoke for my Vaquero. The 10" seemed to have a "tombstone" look to it & didnt achieve the esthetic I was going for. I'm 6 feet tall & wear a skull cap & sunnies out on rides 50/50 with my full face helm. Around the city its great 馃憤 I can esasily see over it, looks good, performs well & is sturdily built. On the highway, my eye level seems to be on the exact level of deflection from the recurve. Meaning, when i sit up straight to ride, im taking a decent amount of wind to the face. If i slouch a bit, it blocks the majority. However then your putting strain on your lumbar.

Conclusion: Windvest recurve screens are excellent! Again, really like the look & the 8" would perform well for someone around 5'-10". I would buy from them again but im curious to see if the Klock Werks 12" Flare better suits my long distance traveling needs.

Premium Member
2014 Vaquero
Glad you started this. I have a 2014 Vaquero and I want a much taller windshield. Right now I have a tinted shield that is 10.25" tall and measures 15" from the top of the ignition ring. I'm 6' and I get a lot of buffeting above 65 mph with a full face helmet and can't hear my music at all. I'm completely reworking the stereo but I definitely want to go taller and clear. I would love the Clearview because of the vent but they are on back order. I'm calling them tomorrow to see if they have any word on the vents.

What size comes stock on the Voyager?

Attachments

Registered
I鈥檓 using the 13 inch Slipstreamer clear. Nice shape and noticeably thicker than OEM and very reasonably priced on amazon. Huge difference with buffeting and I can hear the radio now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Glad you started this. I have a 2014 Vaquero and I want a much taller windshield. Right now I have a tinted shield that is 10.25" tall and measures 15" from the top of the ignition ring. I'm 6' and I get a lot of buffeting above 65 mph with a full face helmet and can't hear my music at all. I'm completely reworking the stereo but I definitely want to go taller and clear. I would love the Clearview because of the vent but they are on back order. I'm calling them tomorrow to see if they have any word on the vents.

stock on the Voyager I think is the 14" ?

You can find the 12" "kit" online for reasonable and I though about getting that just for the colder months and the trim piece

I have the 8" Windvest myself and around town is decent and even on the highway to some extent (I'm 5'10). Thinking about a 10" Windvest as I can easily see over the 8

I do not like the Clockwerks screens at all for aesthetics, just look too weird to me.

I've seen this one mentioned on these forums and online and considered buying it for only 105: Wind Dagger - Gold Series Acrylic

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hey UTScout,

Current windshield looks great on your bike but if it doesnt perform well, whats the point? Am i right? Have you ever looked into any of the recurve windshields some companies offer?
As you mentioned, I've heard good reviews on the clearview vented windshields. Would like to hear a first-hand opinion when they restock & you're able to pick one up!

Just got back from a 750km (460 mile) moto trip this past weekend & didnt feel too much buffeting with the 8" Windvest recurve & my full-face helm. I think a 10" would do the trick personally but still currently looking at the Klockwerks 12" flare with recurve tip.

Are you going with an amp & 6.5 inch speakers for "reworking the stereo?" Engineered Adapters makes some cool stuff for Vaquero / Voyager.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I鈥檓 using the 13 inch Slipstreamer clear. Nice shape and noticeably thicker than OEM and very reasonably priced on amazon. Huge difference with buffeting and I can hear the radio now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did it mount easily?
Do you look over or through with this one?
Mind if i ask how tall you are?
Always open to all the options out there 馃憤
Thanks for posting!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stock on the Voyager I think is the 14" ?

You can find the 12" "kit" online for reasonable and I though about getting that just for the colder months and the trim piece

I have the 8" Windvest myself and around town is decent and even on the highway to some extent (I'm 5'10). Thinking about a 10" Windvest as I can easily see over the 8

I do not like the Clockwerks screens at all for aesthetics, just look too weird to me.

I've seen this one mentioned on these forums and online and considered buying it for only 105: Wind Dagger - Gold Series Acrylic
I get what you mean with the 8" Windvest being decent "to some extent." Just doesnt really do the trick on hwy. Would like to hear your exp. with the 10" when you pick one up.

I agree. Klockwerk 9" look weird in my opion as well, but their 12s look much better 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 personal preference of course.

Wow! Those Wind Dagger's look pretty good for a very fair price. Curious how well they perform. Could definitely see picking up a 12" medium tint for longer trips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts