Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share a quick video I made showing how Installed an aftermarket Kenwood Media Reciever in my Vaquero. This is what worked for me, their are 2 different wiring diagrams I have both if anyone needs a copy I used the original one that calls for 5 resistors. By no means is this the easiest DIY but with a little patients and for about $60 more than the Kawi iPod connector you can have a lot more radio.

Radio: Kenwood KMM B | eBay...
Pac Swi Rc:PAC SWI RC ST | eBay...
Faceplate: http://engineeredadapters.com/product...
Marine Grade Butt Connectors: 30 Ancor Bran | eBay...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Notmighty
I just installed a new Kenwood Marine radio in my 1700ABS and want to do the same thing you did to get my thumb controls back. you said you have prints? can you post these? My concern is the programming of the METRA AXXESS ASWC-1 this is like your PAK. what I don't know is the use of the resisters.
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Notmighty
I just installed a new Kenwood Marine radio in my 1700ABS and want to do the same thing you did to get my thumb controls back. you said you have prints? can you post these? My concern is the programming of the METRA AXXESS ASWC-1 this is like your PAK. what I don't know is the use of the resisters.
Thanks
I don't know anyone that has been able to use the metra unit, the pac SWI rc is what a lot of guys are using. email me [email protected] i'll send all the pictures I have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HAY Notmighty. Just wanted to let you know that I installed he PAC SWI RC on my kenwood head unit and now have my controls back on the handle bars. Thanks for your help. Works great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts