Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Has anyone been able to find tires for the Vaquero other than the Bridgestones?
Michelin, Dunlop, Metzeler, all make tires that fit the Vaq. Front tire is the 130/90-16 size.

The rear is 170/70-16 and an available alternative size is the 180/65-16.

Lotsa peeps are getting good mileage from the Michelin Commander 2's (including myself).

RACNRAY

·
Registered
113 Posts
If You want a good long last tire, Get a Michelin Commander 2 I have one on my 1700 Voyager it is a 180/65/16B with 22,000 kilometers on it and has just over 4/32 in tread left

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Over 18,000 miles on my set of Michelin Commander IIs, good handling and long lasting tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
V aquero Tires

Try Bike Bandit...bikebandit.com. They have quite a variety of tires.
You have to make sure of the size and currently you cannot purchase
radial tires to fit.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Have any of you purchased a Commander lately? Will be needing a new front to replace my stocker before long. Took awhile to get my rear, due to "out of stock" issues. Just wondering if supply catching up to demand yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have any of you purchased a Commander lately? Will be needing a new front to replace my stocker before long. Took awhile to get my rear, due to "out of stock" issues. Just wondering if supply catching up to demand yet.

Ordered front from Rocky Mountain ATV about a month ago and ordered rear today from Dennis Kirk, both Commander II.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Got my rear on ebay from Michagan. This after waiting 2 weeks for another place to ship that listed as in stock, available for pickup. Most all places were out of stock at that time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i will need a new rear tire this season... thinking Michelin comm ii, now this mite be a silly question but can I mix that with the stock front and not have any handling issues...

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
i will need a new rear tire this season... thinking Michelin comm ii, now this mite be a silly question but can I mix that with the stock front and not have any handling issues...
It won't cause any issues. I put the Commander II rear on at 7360 miles, and the stock front tire lasted to 13000 miles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just as an alternative, I have always had success with the Dunlop Touring Elite series. I'm running the TE IIIs right now and like them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts