Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddie's Vaquero, 2012, 10.000 miles, complete stock, Ivanised ECU.

When engine is cold the tick noise is maximum (at idle).
When engine is hot, the tick is still there at idle (maybe not so strong), but when I rev the engine, the tick is almost gone.
The bike was not started since 2 month.

Thanks in advance
Marcel

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My buddie's Vaquero, 2012, 10.000 miles, complete stock, Ivanised ECU.

When engine is cold the tick noise is maximum (at idle).
When engine is hot, the tick is still there at idle (maybe not so strong), but when I rev the engine, the tick is almost gone.
The bike was not started since 2 month.

https://youtu.be/g4OOt3EvgQo

Thanks in advance
Marcel
sounds like the hydr lifters ,my 1700 nomad does that every spring:smile2:and on cold days,over 10k on od,i just change the oil and not worry bout it,common I do believe,love this bike

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the hydr lifters ,my 1700 nomad does that every spring:smile2:and on cold days,over 10k on od,i just change the oil and not worry bout it,common I do believe,love this bike
Thanks for the answer.

Just thinking that if I remove the HLA and do an air bleeding, as described into the service manual (page 263), maybe it will be better ???

:thinking:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I let my 2016 sit for several weeks, it is pretty noisey for a while. Normal my dealer said. They said too if they have a customer who wants to test drive a Voyager or Vaquero, they start and let the thing warm up a while while they keep the customer engaged inside the dealership

·
Registered
465 Posts
If I let my 2016 sit for several weeks, it is pretty noisey for a while. Normal my dealer said. They said too if they have a customer who wants to test drive a Voyager or Vaquero, they start and let the thing warm up a while while they keep the customer engaged inside the dealership
Wow, that seems disingenuous at the very least! My dealership had parked the Vaquero I was going to test drive out front, but before starting it he mentioned the tick noise and said it was nothing to worry about, they all do it. I bought the bike and in 11.5k miles, I've never really noticed it, or at least it doesn't bother me.

-John

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I drove a VN990CF for 10-11 years and that was the ticky, clicky, clackiest engine I've ever heard; all normal. So the Vaquero sounds quiet and smooth to me. But it does tick more before it's warmed up and when the oil's getting old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts