Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/oqRapqOtmA8

Short video of the final product....5 1/4 Polk MM521 up front 1 Kicker 8" Comp Sub in bag all running off of a PPI ATOM 1000.4 AMP...great clear sound bass gets drowned out from the exhaust however but I can hear the front speakers at any speed.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Looks great!

Do you have plans to dynamat the bags to reduce the rattling?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have a can of Quiet Kote that I plan on spraying in there and hopefully that will take care of most of the rattling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you have to cut any plastic for the fairing speakers? Off the top if my head i don't recall stock speaker size.

Do you have a picture of the amp (for sizing) i don't want to use the bags for audio.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The speakers fit in the fairing no problem, the stock size is 5 1/4". I didn't use the speaker sleeves that the stock one's came with so that's the only difference.

The amp I used was the PPI Atom a1000.4 fit's right on top of the stock stereo, the amp fit fine but the dimensions were close so I wouldn't go any bigger. I don't have any pictures of the install.

·
Registered
547 Posts
A lot of folks have added amps and upgraded speakers. I see more Rockford-Fosgate or Clarion. There are very good write ups on in fairing installs for these amps. I did not want to give up bag or trunk space. I went Clarion and did a detailed write up. Einstein has a great write up on the RF. The speaker cones in the fairing do not need to be removed. I left them for weather protection and cut a couple of holes in them.

No matter what, with the 5 1/4" speakers you are not going to get great consistant lows. I heard significant bass distortion on the video that the OP linked. With 4 speakers on my voyager a lot of the lows are dependant on the song. Some Josh Turner sound great and others will distort... Mids and Hi's are awesome.

gb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts