Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seat is off a 2011 Vaquero. It is the stock seat that came with the bike. It was taken off soon after I got the bike so it is like brand new. I removed the rubber bumpers on the bottom to use with the gel seat I ordered, so those are missing.

Seat is free to whoever wants to pay shipping from 75025.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still have it. i live in Plano TX. send me your address and I'll give you an estimate on the shipping.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
If you still have this it'd be awesome. Let me know. Was trying to find a Vaquero seat to try on my voyager.
I don't believe they are compatible.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't believe they are compatible.
Vaquero ---> Voyager : Yes

Voyager ---> Vaquero : No

Voyager seat is two parts, so the clip/hinge (or whatever you call it) on the rear fender is needed to fix the seat.
The Vaquero seat is on part, so it will fit. Perhaps you have to remove that little hinge/clip on the rear fender.

The look ? each to his/her own.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I think I remember hearing that now.

Honestly, I think it's kind of weird the Vaquero isn't a two piece seat. I imagine there are far more Vaquero owners looking to go with a solo seat. There are Solo seats out there but with a lot of 'material' behind to cover the retaining bracket. If it had a two piece seat like some Honda models, you could have a real solo seat look.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I think I remember hearing that now.

Honestly, I think it's kind of weird the Vaquero isn't a two piece seat. I imagine there are far more Vaquero owners looking to go with a solo seat. There are Solo seats out there but with a lot of 'material' behind to cover the retaining bracket. If it had a two piece seat like some Honda models, you could have a real solo seat look.
You may be right, but you need the rear seat on the voyager to hold the front seat in place. It is fiex through the back seat. The seat lock mechanism is under the rear seat.

I think you could fix the front seat on another way, but you'll still have the locking mechanism on the rear fender - or have a single seat, but with a lot of material behind to cover the bracket.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still waiting to hear back from doughrek on the shipping. We're both busy and communications have been slow. If he doesn't want it, it's yours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts