Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2017 Vaquero this year. Love the bike but hate the seat. Curious to know what others have purchased to upgrade to a better seat. I know everyones butt is different and the various seats are liked/disliked for different reasons. The true test is to sit on one before you buy, but thats still no guarantee it will be a good seat. A long ride is a true test. I leaning towards a Mustang, but would like to hear from others on what you have and like or dont like about it.

Thanks for any help.

Kell

·
Registered
434 Posts
I put a Mustang on mine when I had it, sold it to a member on this forum. I had no complaints with the seat, just sold it because was trading in the bike. Much better than stock.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I had a Mustang Wide Vintage on my VN900 for 9 years and loved it. When I bought my Vaquero last August the first thing I did was order one for the new bike. This time I got the model with the driver's backrest. I've only put a couple thousand miles on it but so far it's been great. It will put you a little higher and forward a touch so it will change your riding position. Depending on how long you've ridden the bike, it may take a while to get used to it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a Mustang Wide Vintage on my VN900 for 9 years and loved it. When I bought my Vaquero last August the first thing I did was order one for the new bike. This time I got the model with the driver's backrest. I've only put a couple thousand miles on it but so far it's been great. It will put you a little higher and forward a touch so it will change your riding position. Depending on how long you've ridden the bike, it may take a while to get used to it.
I, too, had a Mustang on my VN900 which I had for 5 years. When I bought my Voyager I knew from the test ride that I didn't like the OEM seat so I had the dealer order a Mustang with drivers backrest and include it in the price of the bike. It is well worth the price for the extra comfort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts