Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my stock Kawi seat with a Mustang and noticed that the air line to my left side shock has a serious wear abrasion. From the looks of it the stock seat bracket is rubbing on the line and has also rubbed deep groves into the top of the battery box/tool pouch holder area.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue?

·
Registered
580 Posts
This is the first I've heard of that bike having air lines going to the rear shocks. I see that they are set up with the air valves and lines under the seat unlike the Voyager. I would just see if you can maybe grind a little plastic off the under side of the seat in the area's that are rubbing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Each shock on my Voyager and on my sons Nomad have their own air valve. They are not in any way connected together. Yours may have an aftermarket kit that connects the two shocks together and it may be those lines that are rubbing.

I know I've seen some folks on here add them. My guess is you have a single point for air adjustment. Keeps shocks at equal pressure.

For me what I have seen with them being standalone zero loss pump I use is very close...

gb

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More info... I have the factory (stock) Kawi suspension and seat on my Vaquero right now. I noticed this when I had the seat off to replace it with a Mustang seat (not yet installed). The Vaq's suspension system is comprised of 2 individual air shocks on the rear and each has it's own (not connected to the other) air line which runs up under the seat to individual air valves for adjustment. The line for the right shock is perfect, however the left shock's air line is rubbed to the point that it may begin to leak soon. Since the battery box cover has adjacent rub marks I suspect the seat is causing this. My dealer is consulting with Kawi now to see if this is a known issue (design flaw) and whether or not it will be corrected under warranty. I thought I'd throw it out to you all and see if this is happening on any other Vaquero's with the original Kawasaki seat.

·
Registered
580 Posts
More info... I have the factory (stock) Kawi suspension and seat on my Vaquero right now. I noticed this when I had the seat off to replace it with a Mustang seat (not yet installed). The Vaq's suspension system is comprised of 2 individual air shocks on the rear and each has it's own (not connected to the other) air line which runs up under the seat to individual air valves for adjustment. The line for the right shock is perfect, however the left shock's air line is rubbed to the point that it may begin to leak soon. Since the battery box cover has adjacent rub marks I suspect the seat is causing this. My dealer is consulting with Kawi now to see if this is a known issue (design flaw) and whether or not it will be corrected under warranty. I thought I'd throw it out to you all and see if this is happening on any other Vaquero's with the original Kawasaki seat.
Well that should definitely be a warranty issue then if it's all stock and you can show them the wear marks on both the seat and the parts underneath. They'll probably just put some rubber tabs on in the spots where the seat rests on the frame (if they don't that's what I would do)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts