Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my old bike to a dealer just to get rid of it and pay down my vaquero so long story short I took a bath but I was putting pressure on them and pretty much made the deal contingent on them giving me a good price on the passenger back rest and mount for my bike to lessen the blow. The starting pretax price was almost $700.00 but I paid $572.00 which includes tax but not install for the mount and the back rest. I dying to know what others paid for the parts including tax to see if I got a good deal or if I could have done better on the internet?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just sold my old bike to a dealer just to get rid of it and pay down my vaquero so long story short I took a bath but I was putting pressure on them and pretty much made the deal contingent on them giving me a good price on the passenger back rest and mount for my bike to lessen the blow. The starting pretax price was almost $700.00 but I paid $572.00 which includes tax but not install for the mount and the back rest. I dying to know what others paid for the parts including tax to see if I got a good deal or if I could have done better on the internet?
Hate to tell you, but it looks like they only knocked off a small percentage from retail. I have seen the backrest for $475 and the mounting hardware for $135 on Amazon. There Re always people selling here for even less. :eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to tell you, but it looks like they only knocked off a small percentage from retail. I have seen the backrest for $475 and the mounting hardware for $135 on Amazon. There Re always people selling here for even less. :eek:
I knew I didn't blow it out of the water but if I got it for $40 less than the average online price then I'll call that a win :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts