Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm going to get the Vaquero painted. It's red now. I can't decide what exactly to do with it though.

I was thinking a bluish-purple kind of color...

Give me some ideas. What's a cool color/paintjob you'd like to see on a Vaquero? How do you typically decide?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
So, I'm going to get the Vaquero painted. It's red now. I can't decide what exactly to do with it though.

I was thinking a bluish-purple kind of color...

Give me some ideas. What's a cool color/paintjob you'd like to see on a Vaquero? How do you typically decide?
If you know a quality painter you way ahead of me. I have never gotten anything painted. I've never seen paint last as well as factory paint when I look at friends bikes, cars, trucks, etc.

I would love to paint my Mean Streak a bright color to set off the custom " low and mean" parts I added against the black frame and tires.

I'm thinking some type of bright red for my bike.

I would love to own a green vaquero, but too close to the Voyager. Maybe get the red on the voyager painted green?

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Never could afford it, but I always liked the fade from one color to another. I'm guessing a quality paint job is going to start around a $1,000, so I will have to enjoy all my chips and dings on the front fender and scratches on the saddlebags for some time.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Well, I had 3 quotes in the $5K ballpark for mine, then I found a guy who agreed on $3200. I never thought I would spend that kind of Jack on a paint job, but I just said WTF, and went for it. Then with powdercoating most of the chrome to black and getting the PM Luxe 21" front wheel, I sprang for $5 grand anyway. It didn't make the bike run any better or make it more comfortable, but it DAMN sure looks great! I get compliments almost every day. I figured I can't spend it from the grave, so I might as well get what I want while I'm still kicking. F the nursing home!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The paint job on my '06 Vulcan Classic cost me about $ 800 a few years back, and that included flaming it.

Now, I want to get the Vaquero done. There's a few decent painters in the area, so I'm not too concerned about that.

I like the idea of fading from one color to another. Hmm....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts