Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed risers..love em...but rerouted the brake line behind the triple tree,and still too tight..anybody installed longer lines and where did you get em..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. Put on a set of Chuckster's risers. I'm gonna re-route the brake line tomorrow and hopefully that works for now, but my OCD would prefer a longer brake line so I can route it properly.

·
Registered
636 Posts
reroute

I installed risers on my vv and rerouted the brake line also. Asked the dealer and they said I would have to replace all the brake lines because the lines are not removable from the splitter thats down low.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking it needs to be about 6" longer. Don't mind getting new ones because love the risers but dam that line is tight.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Talked to my mechanic today. Explained my issue and he said no problem, come see me - I have several options for you. Once I have a chance to go to his shop I'll let ya know what he recommends.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put 14 inch apes on my 1700 classic and i built my front brake lines front scratch. I went into drag specialties fatbook and just picked out all of the pieces i would need and just made one myself . It turned out great. I ran all the wiring through the bars and with the new lines its really clean looking . Plus the stainless front lines really made the front brake feel much more firm.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have used these folks HEL a number of times to have custom Stainless brakes lines made. I have been happy and got a good quality product from them every time. Once I even gave them the wrong measurement and they still replaced it free. I highly recommend HEL.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have used these folks HEL a number of times to have custom Stainless brakes lines made. I have been happy and got a good quality product from them every time. Once I even gave them the wrong measurement and they still replaced it free. I highly recommend HEL.
Welcome back my friend, did you get up to Moab?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got mine in a couple days ago. Putting them on today. If it works the way I hope it will I'll update the post with the items I used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts