Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a aftermarket Ipod for Vulcan vaquero's? Kawasaki is asking an outrageous amount for a small cable

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you want your ipod to interface with the radio and be able to use the hand controls to control it, then spend the $90 for the cable it is worth the money. Now if just want to hook up a basic mp3 player that you can only control it from the player itself then you can find a cable on line for around $30. Those are the only choices I have found. Me personally I bought the ipod adapter and a ipod.

·
Registered
701 Posts
$90 isn't to bad, Kawasaki is charging $152.55 in Canada
Maybe you should try to order the part from the states and have it shipped to you. If you search the internet I'm sure you will find a better price than going to the local dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
does any iPod with the 30 pin connector work? I was looking at buying a nano and the lightning to 30 pin adapter.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you do get the Kawasaki adapter/interface, do yourself a favour and throw the foam thing in the trash. It causes the cable to crimp and break, my first one lasted 24 hours.

The tried and tested method is to wrap the iPod in a small towel or cloth.

Just my 2c worth.

·
Registered
440 Posts
if you have you'r iphone or ipod is in a case it wont fit, just hook it up and wrap it with a small towel. i use a micro cleaning cloth , no problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a new I pod on line and when I got it, it had the lightning connection....oh crap so I went on line you can buy an adapter for 5 bucks to convert it back to a 30 pin female adapter to plug into the OEM adapter

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just bought a new I pod on line and when I got it, it had the lightning connection....oh crap so I went on line you can buy an adapter for 5 bucks to convert it back to a 30 pin female adapter to plug into the OEM adapter
Get the adapter with the short cable... I remember reading that the other adapter with no cable doesn't provide full functionality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts