Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2013
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just purchased the vaquero. I need to know if anyone knows how to open the top of the forks. I purchased the 21" front wheel from roaring toyz, and I wanted to put in the progressive suspension drop-in lowering kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hello everyone, I just purchased the vaquero. I need to know if anyone knows how to open the top of the forks. I purchased the 21" front wheel from roaring toyz, and I wanted to put in the progressive suspension drop-in lowering kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you also get the modified tree? There were some concerns about handling with a stock tree and 21" wheels, if I recall correctly.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
21"

I recently spoke to someone at Roaring Toyz about that kit, too. Then I talked to my mechanic about it. He said all you have to do is loosen the fork clamp near the triple tree, and slide the forks up into the tree about an inch. Even though the rim is 5" taller than stock, the lower profile tire (120/70 vs 130/90) reduces what would be a 2.5" longer radius.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts