Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I recently took off the back wheel on my 2020 Vaquero (to get new tires). When re-installing the wheel I carefully followed the service manual - especially as it related to the belt tension bolts. I literally counted the bolt revolutions when tightening and was careful to have the tick marks align as close to perfectly on the left and right side. I even bought a tension gauge and went through that whole exercise (not exactly a precision process).

After a few short rides I went back to check bolts for torque, etc. and noticed that the drive belt is riding to the far left side of the pulley. Seems like if the wheel is centered then the belt should be centered on the pulley? I even took a ride to the local Kawa dealer to check their floor models, but no Vaqueros or Voyagers were in stock.

This may not be a big deal - but curious to see what you guys think? Is your drive belt centered?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want the belt in the middle, with the rear wheel off the ground,loosen the adjusting bolt on the right side of the wheel or tighen the one on the left depending on the belt tension, The belt will move over. You can also push the belt as you are turning the wheel and see how bad it wants to go back where it was. I never pay much attention to how many turns are on the bolts. just mess with it till the belt is in the middle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I always thought it should ride against the left side, as @SteveJB mentioned it always did on my 900 and never a tracking problem.

I will take a pic later when I leave work but pretty sure I noticed it there

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have tried to center the belt, right adjuster about 1/2 marker width off from left adjuster.
Didn’t seem to make a lot of difference. Went back to matching adjuster marks. Better having rear tyre aligned than worry about belt position. The outer flange keeps belt on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts