Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear brake sticking...at least i think. Was riding over the weekend and noticed a rear brake noise when i pulled into a parking lot...so next 10-15 miles i only used front brake..pulled into parking lot again,,,rear brake noise.. touched rear rotor by mistake,,,holy hell..can you say burnt hand.. guess rear caliper is sticking..
next headache, walked into garage today,bike has been parked since saturday afternoon.. gas on floor..looks to have came out the vent tube in back of tank..
guess i will be carrying it to dealer Saturday...
also im getting some popping thru intake from time to time...have V/H pipes,air kit,one that keeps stock look.and a programmer...
any ideas here?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The only time I've seen gas come out the vent tube on my bike is when I overfilled it. I have V&H pipes and it pops, not through the intake though...but I still have the stock one.

My assessment is that the dealer may take care of the brake, will probably tell you that you put too much gas in the tank, and that your popping isn't their problem but they can offer a solution - take off the programmer and put all the stock intake and exhaust parts back on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rear brake sticking...at least i think. Was riding over the weekend and noticed a rear brake noise when i pulled into a parking lot...so next 10-15 miles i only used front brake..pulled into parking lot again,,,rear brake noise.. touched rear rotor by mistake,,,holy hell..can you say burnt hand.. guess rear caliper is sticking..
I was getting strange noises from my rear caliper and possible pad sticking as well.

When I pulled and inspected the caliper, I found that the large gold spring clip that pushes down on the pads was not seated properly and was clicking every time I used the back brake.

While I had the caliper off I removed and cleaned the pads, and sprayed the back with rubberized brake pad spray (Brake EZE, I think).

No noises at all now, and the back brake seems to be working much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts