Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY got my Vaquero! Currently it has the gel seat (k53001-29a) and mini apes. I dont know where the bars are from. I'm 5'4" and need no apes and maximum pullback as well as a seat that will push me forward. I would love suggestions, am open to trades and purchases from folks on this forum! Glad I'm here and stoked about my new bike!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an 04 Vulcan 2000 with stock bars chrome is good. Might be interested in trading ,what is the rise and width of your bars? i live in Missouri where abouts might you be? Moheekon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 04 Vulcan 2000 with stock bars chrome is good. Might be interested in trading ,what is the rise and width of your bars? i live in Missouri where abouts might you be? Moheekon
I'm in West Michigan. Where abouts are u in Missouri? I measured them based on the attached diagram. I've also attached a picture of the bars themselves on the bike. I have more pictures and video if you would like to look at that. If you're interested in the bars could you please send me pictures of yours. Thanks!
Center Width 8"
Width 3 ft
Center spacing for risers 5"
Rise 1 ft
Pullback is difficult for me to measure on bike - guesstimate 3"
Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will have to try and get some pick's tomorrow and download them not real sure how to go about it but i will figure it out. I'm in Marshall Missouri zip is 65340

·
Registered
26 Posts
My bars are OEM Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 cc handle bars, the rise is 8" width is 34.5" not sure on the pullback

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I didn't read your post closely enough. I have a Vaquero and I don't know if your Vulcan Bars would fit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wounder what stock Vaquero bars dimensions are i will try to do a little research. What would you take for your bars if you were to sell them outright?

·
Registered
26 Posts
VN 1700Vulcan 1700 Vaquero2011 - 20131-1/4"10"33-1/215"7-1/2"
vulcan 2000 bar dimensions are 1" Diam. 8.5 Height, 34.5 width. 14" pullback. 7.5 Center

·
Registered
788 Posts
The Vaq & Voyager clamp is 1 1/4". The bar ends step down to 1", although part of the controls are designed to fit over the 1/14" portion of the bars. Those dimensions also mean your bars will probably hit his fairing. Not enough height or pullback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well that figures,thanks for the info saves him some trouble. I would still be interested in his bars if he finds some that will work. Or someone might be able to help me find some similar to his with no more than 12" of height. Thanks again Peg;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I haven't got back to u sooner. World's a lil cray cray right now! What wud u be willing to give me for the bars? I do not know how old they are or how long they have been on the bike. The bike has under 7000 miles and the bars are in excellent shape. No marks, scratches, flaws that I can see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I haven't got back to u sooner. World's a lil cray cray right now! What wud u be willing to give me for the bars? I do not know how old they are or how long they have been on the bike. The bike has under 7000 miles and the bars are in excellent shape. No marks, scratches, flaws that I can see.
Sorry to jump in on your post but I have a 2018 Vaquero bone stock with 10kms on the clock. I'd be interested in a straight trade for your bars. The stockers are good but I like the look of the mini apes.
Dave

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
762 Posts
Have you tried loosening the bar clamps and tilting the bar back?
You said you need more pullback. That will give you more pullback than you can imagine.
Still might be too tall but its worth a try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to jump in on your post but I have a 2018 Vaquero bone stock with 10kms on the clock. I'd be interested in a straight trade for your bars. The stockers are good but I like the look of the mini apes.
Dave
Where are u in Canada? Do u know anyone in West Michigan, Grand Rapids area?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dave
Dave
Have you tried loosening the bar clamps and tilting the bar back?
You said you need more pullback. That will give you more pullback than you can imagine.
Still might be too tall but its worth a try.
Yes.....they are back as far as the cables will allow. I like the look of them.......just can't reach em to well :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts