Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a Kawasaki dealer in the Phoenix area and yesterday we installed a 21" wheel & tire that the customer purchased from Roaring Toyz. At $1800 for everything, it's not an inexpensive upgrade, but I do think it looks pretty sharp!

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I work for a Kawasaki dealer in the Phoenix area and! yesterday we installed a 21" wheel & tire that the customer purchased from Roaring Toyz. At $1800 for everything, it's not an inexpensive upgrade, but I do think it looks pretty sharp!
That looks awesome! Do you test drive it? I would love to know how it rides at highway speeds. Is it still tour worthy?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I did not get the opportunity to ride it. I think I'll follow up with the guy in a couple weeks to get his opinion after he's put on some miles

·
Registered
414 Posts
AZ this is a friends bike. His is a copy of the one Roaring Twins built. I have riden it. Very nice. I don't like the bar's though.
where in sc are you?

·
Registered
414 Posts
No, I did not get the opportunity to ride it. I think I'll follow up with the guy in a couple weeks to get his opinion after he's put on some miles
how long did the install take? did all the parts fit well? i am looking at purchasing the same setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simple install....remove the wheel, transfer the rotors and seals from the stock wheel, remove the fender and install the new brackets. Install the new wheel and enjoy! The mechanic that did the install said it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I see you loose a disc brake in this conversion. Also any ride hight difference that needs to be corrected and if so how is it corrected? Dose the kit come with everything you need (tire, rim, brake block off, hight adjustment stuff if needed)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok. I looked at the green one and it has both discs. The black one only has one.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I thought I read someplace that you really need to change the rake on the bike to make it stable with a 21" wheel, is that not true

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
There are a few of those bikes already built by dealers and for sale on Cycle Trader. To bad the new Vaqueros are overpriced IMO.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2013
40 Posts
AZ this is a friends bike. His is a copy of the one Roaring Twins built. I have riden it. Very nice. I don't like the bar's though.
I purchased the kit from roaring toyz, can you ask your friend about front end wobble at hwy speeds of over 70mph. I notice it on my bike. I would like to know what he did to eliminate this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
LAW369 His bike does not have a wobble. I have ridden it to 110, smooth as glass. One other thing he has lowered the bike and changed the back shocks. He is in the process of designing a 26” kit. Big80—he said he had 2000.00 in the 21” wheel kit installed on his bike and he want to be able to see that high dollar wheel at least on one side. That’s why he did not install the brake rotor on that side.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2013
40 Posts
I also lowered the bike, I used progressive suspension lowering kit on the front, and their lower shocks on the rear. I will get the wheel balanced and see if that helps. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Hello all, just a note. Steve the person that owns the black Vaquero, the one in the pictures I posted is selling the 21" wheel kit from his bike if anyone is interested. He can be reached at [email protected]

PS. He is installing a 26" wheel kit that he is designing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
From what i here you have to slid the for tube through the tripple tree an in 1 1/2 to level the bike Just what iv seen and heard ho knows.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts