Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2013
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I purchased the 21" wheel for the Vaquero from Roaring Toyz. I notice a lot of wheel wobble at hwy speeds of over 70mph. I emailed Robert at roaring toyz, and he said it sounds like the tire needs to be re-balanced. I have the counter balanced beads in the front wheel, I have used these before and never had a problem. I need to know if anyone else has this set up, and if so, did you have any issues like this, and if so how did you correct it. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quick checks would be tire pressure, have the balance re-checked and look at the brakes to see if there's any interference that might not be noticible until higher speeds.

Here's another thread http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28178 discussing the 21" upgrade. Maybe throw your issue on there as well.

Keep us posted with what you find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wheel wobble no problem

Hey I purchased the 21" wheel for the Vaquero from Roaring Toyz. I notice a lot of wheel wobble at hwy speeds of over 70mph. I emailed Robert at roaring toyz, and he said it sounds like the tire needs to be re-balanced. I have the counter balanced beads in the front wheel, I have used these before and never had a problem. I need to know if anyone else has this set up, and if so, did you have any issues like this, and if so how did you correct it. Thanks.
I have a bout 1000 miles on my 21" front wheel and have not noticed any problem at all....very happy with it, no unusual tire wear either..good luck hope you get it figured out.
Tibo from Santa Barbara

·
Registered
537 Posts
Take a very close and attentive look at the mold ring that runs around the edge of the wheel ! It is possible that the bead did not seat properly and the tire is not running true. If it is not seated the bead must be broken and wet out then resealed. This is common when dry seating a new tire. I found that an ounce of dish soap and two ounces of water make an excellant beading lube and tires will generally seat with a lower air pressure. Don't wet any more than the bead of tire and rim.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I have been using NAPA silicon spray the past few years to set the bead on my car/scoot tires. Seems to work no problem..... does not make a mess....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a bout 1000 miles on my 21" front wheel and have not noticed any problem at all....very happy with it, no unusual tire wear either..good luck hope you get it figured out.
Tibo from Santa Barbara
Tibo, did you do anything with the front suspension?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts