Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vaquero 1700 Won't Turn Over after Lay Down

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Y2JAPA 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I have a 2015 Vaquero 1700. I laid it down last week. When I went to restart it after getting it home off a tow truck I cannot get the started button to engage the starter.

Here is my diagnosis so far:
- When the key is turned on I hear the fuel pump prime. All lights, horn, stereo work fine. When I jump the starter it turns over fine. I disassembled the switch it seems to be making contact fine, but does not have 12 volt power going to it. I've disconnected the battery waited and nothing. I've charged the battery overnight and had it checked, it's fine.

Are there any sensors that would not give the starter button power following an accident that may be tripped?

Thanks for any and all help.

#2 ·
There is a magnetic switch that cuts off the bike when it goes past a certain angle. Usually they reset after the bike is upright and the ignition switch is turned to on. Would also check the side stand and clutch switches. If you don't have a manual, download one from this link. www.Manualslib.com. Go to the troubleshooting section and check the items that cause a no crank condition. Also read about the tilt switch.

#3 ·
Check your vehicle down sensor....also check to see if theres any trouble codes the ecu might be throwing out....also, check your wiring harness for unplugged or connections that might be ajar....
Is your kill button on your right handlebar control on? Start looking for the simple stuff before you go messing with the major stuff straight off the bat....
Have you checked your starter relay? A bad jarr could've dislodge something vital like a fuse under your seat, a clip, maybe a simple wire.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.