Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a new 2014 Vaquero and have an issue with a "lifter getting stuck"?
The dealership says that these bikes are famous for this? They say to flush the engine and do an oil change. Because it is under warranty, I took it back to the dealership. Has anyone else run into this problem in the past?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I say B.S. to any new bike having an issue "that is normal" ... you were right to take it to the dealer ... I also would follow up with a call to Kawasaki corporate. Its either a lazy dealer or a systemic issue that needs to be resolved ... and not by you.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
They have hydrolic lifters that tend to bleed down after setting awhile, but should pump back up after a short ride. If it continues or happen frequently, then you may have a problem. If so, the dealer needs to correct it! Do a search here on ticking lifters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Got the thing back Monday and have been in contact with corporate.
Safe riding!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine has done this several times.

Check the engine oil isn't too full, as if it is the engine will be sucking oil through the air filter and burning it, which encourages the valve stems to stick, which doesn't help the lifter situation.

On the same note, I run two stroke oil in my fuel every now and again, at a 1% mix, keeps the valve stems nicely lubed.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa!!!!! more info please. It is easy to jump to the wrong answer for the symptom without knowing the whole story. How many miles on it, how long had it been sitting without running up to full operating temperature. How did you come to the conclusion that a "Valve" is stuck. This is a near catastrophic failure. The bike would smoke, vibrate, be way down on power, and not idle worth a damn.

Like rick said these 1700's are notorious for having extremely noisy top ends when they sit for a while.

More info is needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts