Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a set of v&h slipons on my vaquero and have alot of popping on decel. i have read that plugging the hose on the right side airbox helps and even changing the baffles helps. my questions are
1) how do i remove the baffles from the v&h slipons?
2) will a set of big city thunder baffles help?
3) has anyone tried the bct baffles in v&h slipons?
thanks for the help/advice guys.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Other than the decel popping how does it sound? Any effect on hearing the music at crusing speeds?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Vance And Hines Slipons Have Two allen head Screws on the bottom of each muffler You remove these pull Baffle out. Baffle Will be wrapped with pack . I installed a Power commander 5 on mine with the slip ons i no others have gone with out .I get a little pop on decel not much though mainly when i get on it and backoff unspent gas has to go somewhere .

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vance And Hines Slipons Have Two allen head Screws on the bottom of each muffler You remove these pull Baffle out. Baffle Will be wrapped with pack . I installed a Power commander 5 on mine with the slip ons i no others have gone with out .I get a little pop on decel not much though mainly when i get on it and backoff unspent gas has to go somewhere .
carl i removed the 2 allen screws but mine would not come out. now i was only pulling on them with my fingers because i didnt want to scratch them with pliers. i will remove the 2 screws again and tape up the ends and try being for forceful with some pliers. isnt there a way to hook them from inside and slip them out?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than the decel popping how does it sound? Any effect on hearing the music at crusing speeds?
i listen to my stereo on 10-12 at highway speeds and hear it just fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I Put a pair of Long nose pliers inside and grabed one of the baffle ribs took a little wiggling then it came out .I did not want to scratch the pipe either boy they are loud with no baffles at all :eek:.Kinda a trick to put back in they need to line up back and front .

·
Registered
79 Posts
i listen to my stereo on 10-12 at highway speeds and hear it just fine.
The AVC control on the radio has a big effect on how you hear the radio at all times, but especially on the highway. I have mine set at 3 and find it works well for me. The factory setting is 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts