Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I can save someone some time and frustration if installing vance and hines quiet baffles. The baffles come with no instructions and the video on the V&H website makes it appear like its easy. It's not easy.

Before installing that baffle, tape the dog crap out of that fiberglass and get it as tight as you can get it. Once you've done that, coat the inside of the pipe with Pam cooking spray. Then start twisting the baffle in counterclockwise so not to bind the fiberglass. You may have to work it both ways but ultimately you need to go the direction that is with the insulation.

First one was a pita. Took me an hour. Second one I learned my lesson and it took about 15 minutes. Hope this helps someone some sweat and a few swear words.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taped mine also but wasn't hard at all. Lining up the screw hole took longer
Yeah that wasn't easy either. I literally had to MacGyver a tool so I cold hammer them in. Then of course the holes weren't lined up. Then I had to MacGyver a way to twist the baffle to align the holes. I haven't been able to install the exhaust yet, but it could sound like a scooter a this point and I'm not taking them out. lol!

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Where did you get the quiet baffles? I can't seem to locate them on any website

·
Registered
107 Posts
I used green painters tape. Taped it tight then used wd40. Both went in easy. Wd40 will burn off and tape will melt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah that wasn't easy either. I literally had to MacGyver a tool so I cold hammer them in. Then of course the holes weren't lined up. Then I had to MacGyver a way to twist the baffle to align the holes. I haven't been able to install the exhaust yet, but it could sound like a scooter a this point and I'm not taking them out. lol!
Ha! don't worry the exhaust is still loud as all hell .. the baffles really shine at highway speeds though, that is where I noticed they really cut the sound

·
83 Posts

·
83 Posts
Ok. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts